B-ionic dosing system

Neal

I use B-ionic. It's expensive. I have great growth, healthy looking corals and parameters are always within normal limits. I don't have this set up.

Hello All,

I am trying to setup a dosing system for my tank. Has anyone tried this setup? If so do you like it? Any downfalls?

http://www.marinedepot.com/ESV_B_Ionic_Sup...-FIDPET-vi.html

thanks,

Neal

If you have the cash the litremeter III is excellent. You can calibrate the pumps. I use a main pump and a slave pump.

Storage of both parts are brosilicate glass containers from the container store.

The programable main unit makes precise dosing easy.

Heres a pick of my setup.

10-25-08035.jpg

I know this not what you asked but... I reserached the Bionic setup and I came down to needing more equipment to run. This is from Marine depot..."To power the doser, the purchaser will need to supply 1-2 digital lamp timers, 2 air pumps (or 1 dual output pump). The air pump must have a minimum pressure output of 4 P.S.I." How long do air pump diaphragms last to maintain 4psi?

Anyway, I got my doser from a WAMASer for a bit of discount. And it has been worth every penny. This is what I use with two part from BRS. I love the setup. I used it on my Solana and once I got it tuned in it was great. Just got it set up on my 120 and Alk has been rock steady for 5 days. Ca is up to 440 from 312.

HTH.

Ron

If you have the cash the litremeter III is excellent. You can calibrate the pumps. I use a main pump and a slave pump.

Storage of both parts are brosilicate glass containers from the container store.

The programable main unit makes precise dosing easy.

Heres a pick of my setup.

10-25-08035.jpg

I am also thinkg about the litermeter but my worry is that I won't have enough space in my cabinet. I have a very small cabinet and neet to make sure that everything is going to fit.

I seem to recall the Aqua Company using this setup on a few of their tanks. Seems pretty straight forward to me however I don't dose.

I'm using the new Bubble Magus BM-T01 . It's been compared to the Profilex[sp] unit, and or called a knockoff. While I haven't used the other brands, I am very happy with my unit. It's been up and running now about 5 weeks.

It's very easy to program, and you can run up to 12 heads with an expandable modual which I just put in an order on.

Edited by CHUBAKAH

I am also thinkg about the litermeter but my worry is that I won't have enough space in my cabinet. I have a very small cabinet and neet to make sure that everything is going to fit.

With the litermeter you can have the source container up to 50 feet away I believe. If you can put them remotely and run the tubing to the LMIII and the tank.

Hello All,

I am trying to setup a dosing system for my tank. Has anyone tried this setup? If so do you like it? Any downfalls?

http://www.marinedepot.com/ESV_B_Ionic_Sup...-FIDPET-vi.html

thanks,

Neal

Dont waste your money on it! I had one and it was very rinky dink, we paid way too much for what it was, it was inconsistent, vent holes clogged up etc. I sold it for about 25% of what it sells for, and explained the buyer what problems I had with it, but he wanted to give it a try because is was a small investment. The litermeter is nice I hear, you could also use the aquamedic dosing pumps, they have a double one that has its own timer in it, I am not sure how it compares cost wise to the liter meter.

john

If you calibrate the LM3 every 2 months you will be presice dosing to the .01 litre per day.

Also it does not dose all channels at the same time. which is good for 2 part because you are not to dose both parts at once. It will dose channel A, then B, Then C over a 24 hour period.

if you want to dose 80 ml per day it will spread out the 80 ml slowly over the 24 hour period.

Keeps the corals happier because parameters stay very steady.

However there is a minimum it can dose when programmed. I believe its 40 ml to 60 I don't have the manual in front of me.

David

I have a new aqua medic peristaltic pump (the double pump with the timer), and it's a piece of crap.

One pump was working fine, but the second pump never worked despite changing all tubing.

I should have known it was garbage when I put it down and the electric display went out. I then gave it a tap and it turned back on, and this was brand new out of the box.

Now nothing is working. Not sure if this is typical for these pumps or if I just got a lemon, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Laura

I have a new aqua medic peristaltic pump (the double pump with the timer), and it's a piece of crap.

One pump was working fine, but the second pump never worked despite changing all tubing.

I should have known it was garbage when I put it down and the electric display went out. I then gave it a tap and it turned back on, and this was brand new out of the box.

Now nothing is working. Not sure if this is typical for these pumps or if I just got a lemon, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Laura

I agree. mine went in the trash.

David

Laura

Huh, aquamedic stands behind their stuff pretty well with my experience, I have a few of them in use with no problems. You do need to replace the slilicone tubes about once a year, and I did have some theat had a broken wheel, but agian they replaced them quickly at no charge.

If you calibrate the LM3 every 2 months you will be presice dosing to the .01 litre per day.

Also it does not dose all channels at the same time. which is good for 2 part because you are not to dose both parts at once. It will dose channel A, then B, Then C over a 24 hour period.

if you want to dose 80 ml per day it will spread out the 80 ml slowly over the 24 hour period.

Keeps the corals happier because parameters stay very steady.

However there is a minimum it can dose when programmed. I believe its 40 ml to 60 I don't have the manual in front of me.

David

If your dosing is near the minimum rate the LMIII can handle (say 60 ml/day), you can double the rate of addition by the unit, but decrease the concentration of the solution by the same factor. This way the unit could dose at 120 ml/day, but is still adding at a concentration of the 60ml/day. Lets say you normally mix 2 cups of product in one gallon of water. If you mix that same 2 cups in two gallons of water (1cup/gal) and double the dosing you will have the correct recommended concentration.