Some new pics of the 90 I took today...

Amuze

Could be better, but that's part of the fun, right? I got rid of most of my larger colonies awhile ago and have decided to just let this grow out for the time being.

IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

Thanks for the kind words folks. :)

Emoney, they are Coralvue duals rated at 1,500gph each. These things move a lot of water, are smaller, quieter and don't have the start/stop issues Koralias seem to have. Plus they cost next to nothing. Supposedly, they can't be hooked up to a controller, but that's ok. They used to be the ebay ph's before Coralvue acquired them I guess.

i like how you have all corals on the rock and keep the bottom clear of clusters.

Agreed. That is the first thing I thought when I saw the pics. Lookin' good!

Cheers

Mike

very nice rockwork. i like how you have all corals on the rock and keep the bottom clear of clusters.

I wondered what I noticed about it besides the aquascape that I liked.

I'll have to keep that in mind for the new tank. I do like zoa gardens in the sand though as long as they are bunched together.

Edited by Sikryd

very nice aquascape. The only issue I forsee is that it looks like your rock work is resting/touching the back glass.

Hope your feeling better i know you were pretty sick for a while there.

looking really nice, i will have to come out and visit you sometime(yeh im inviting myself) you should get some close ups of some of those corals and show off the rediculous colors you have.

I might have to look up those pumps soon.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone. :) Most of the bottom rock are pillar pieces which support the rock on the top half. There are some rock touching the back of the tank which is fine and how I've always kept tanks as long as it doesn't put a lot of pressure on the glass and there's plenty of space behind the structure for flow. I like island style rock work, but it doesn't work in an 18" deep tank very well without sacrificing too much sand bed in the front. I like clean and open sand beds. Plus the goby loves burying corals sitting in the sand.

Der ABT, thanks! I am feeling better finally. If I can figure out this Canon maybe I can get some better pics to show the colors one day. Lol. You'll have to come check out the 240 before it sells. :) Ddiver can tell you about the car too. He's another car guy on the forums.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone. :) Most of the bottom rock are pillar pieces which support the rock on the top half. There are some rock touching the back of the tank which is fine and how I've always kept tanks as long as it doesn't put a lot of pressure on the glass and there's plenty of space behind the structure for flow. I like island style rock work, but it doesn't work in an 18" deep tank very well without sacrificing too much sand bed in the front. I like clean and open sand beds. Plus the goby loves burying corals sitting in the sand.

Der ABT, thanks! I am feeling better finally. If I can figure out this Canon maybe I can get some better pics to show the colors one day. Lol. You'll have to come check out the 240 before it sells. :) Ddiver can tell you about the car too. He's another car guy on the forums.

u talkin bout that rusted tin can in your garage?....lol j/k i would buy it if i had some spare change laying around...

u talkin bout that rusted tin can in your garage?....lol j/k i would buy it if i had some spare change laying around...

haha. you better sell A LOT of LE's...

• 2 weeks later...

I got bored, so I took a few new pics today with a different manual setting on the camera. The last pics looked too washed out. These are a little on the dark side, but show the colors more accurately.

FTS

IMG_3476-2.jpg

Left side

IMG_3482-1.jpg

Right side

IMG_3483-1.jpg

Zoa's and some acans I added recently

IMG_3481-1.jpg