johnnybv

Hours of operation  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What added hours will best fit your needs

• Open Monday
    • Open Tuesday
    • Extend hours on weekend
    • Extend hours during week

I am considering changing our hours around a little, and figured I could use some input from the club. We are currently closed monday and tuesday, and run 10-6 wed-sat, and 10-5 on sunday. Please vote in the poll to help us get a better understanding of what would be more convienient.

If I want to come out during the week, it's nearly impossible to leave my house (in DC) until 7 due to HOV on 66 and traffic in general. So open until 9 on Friday would be nice.

Also, when I come out that way, I usually visit another friend that lives in Manassas, so if you could be open until 8 or 9 on Saturday so I can have dinner and then pick things up, so I don't have to leave livestock in the car for an extra few hours, that would also be convenient. This usually isn't a big deal, but in the winter when it gets very cold and in the summer when it gets very hot, I don't like to leave fish and coral in the car very long.

All in all, my recommendation would be to extend hours on Friday and Saturday to 9pm.

Closing at 6pm on the week days effectively kills any chance a commuter can get to the store.

606 south bound sucks during rush hour from south riding.

10-8.. or just shift 12-8 instead of 10-6 would be golden.

Being open until 9 at least twice a week would get me out there much more often.

I am considering changing our hours around a little, and figured I could use some input from the club. We are currently closed monday and tuesday, and run 10-6 wed-sat, and 10-5 on sunday. Please vote in the poll to help us get a better understanding of what would be more convienient.

Being open until 9 at least twice a week would get me out there much more often.

I voted for extended time on weekends, but being open to nine would get me out there on a weekday. It's just impossible to get out of the city before 5.

Open Sunday-Sunday and make Ozzie work all the extra new days. (and the old schedule too)

Edited by audible

i have fridays off as i work 4-10s so that helps for me if something goes wrong fri-sun, otherwise i dont get home from work till about 6 then to drive out to you there is no possible way to get there before 7-730 during the week, Ive only had this happen to me twice where i needed something and couldnt make it out to you guys but if something goes wrong during the week i have to look elsewhere.

I am all up for later closing time during the week. I have no idea how much business the store gets in the morning (10-11am) so I don't know if it make sense to you as a business owner to move to a 12 to 8 or even increase it to 9pm, but as it is right now I have no chance to make it to the store during the week. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to provide some input.

B.

I would vote for extended hours on Wed, Thur, or Fri. night. Although not sure Fri. is best fit since folks have the weekend to make it; but then again, some people might come on one of those nights to free up there weekend.

Sorry Johnny, I wasn't really sure how to vote on this one. Having been in retail I understand the need for longer hours to help the customer, but understand the shorter hours because often longer hours are not cost effective. Being one of the above mentioned commuters, I get on a bus at 6:30am and don't see my house again until about 6:15pm, so the odds on me getting to you are slim and none during the week without extended hours.

Open later in the evenings a couple times.

Same hours on Weekends as they are pretty good now,

plus,

I always felt comfortable knowing that if it was ever an emergency, you'd hook us up, from the hobbyist side of you.

Fortunately, I've never needed the option

Sorry Johnny, I wasn't really sure how to vote on this one. Having been in retail I understand the need for longer hours to help the customer, but understand the shorter hours because often longer hours are not cost effective. Being one of the above mentioned commuters, I get on a bus at 6:30am and don't see my house again until about 6:15pm, so the odds on me getting to you are slim and none during the week without extended hours.

Maybe the more important question (or likely a follow-up to this one) is if the shop were open later during the week, would you go then instead of on Saturday? Would it cause you to go when you wouldn't have normally gone at all?

Maybe the more important question (or likely a follow-up to this one) is if the shop were open later during the week, would you go then instead of on Saturday? Would it cause you to go when you wouldn't have normally gone at all?

Yea, I suspect that either way some of the sales will have come anyway, people would just make plans to come when it fits into their schedule. SO this may not even bring extra sales, it may just even things out a little, but I think I would capture some extra sales if someone were to go to another store that may be open later in the emergency situation, and maybe if it is convienient to stop on the way home from work, you know before the whole family thing......

As far as emergency situations, Email me I get it right on my hip.

john

If I want to come out during the week, it's nearly impossible to leave my house (in DC) until 7 due to HOV on 66 and traffic in general. So open until 9 on Friday would be nice.

Also, when I come out that way, I usually visit another friend that lives in Manassas, so if you could be open until 8 or 9 on Saturday so I can have dinner and then pick things up, so I don't have to leave livestock in the car for an extra few hours, that would also be convenient. This usually isn't a big deal, but in the winter when it gets very cold and in the summer when it gets very hot, I don't like to leave fish and coral in the car very long.

All in all, my recommendation would be to extend hours on Friday and Saturday to 9pm.

I have been known to take my cooler to dinner with me... :) When they ask, I just tell them I'm delivering a heart for transplant, and was afraid it might get cold in the car.

bob

Since I'm out of town or working most weekends my only chance to get out there is during the week. Even working in McLean, though, there is little chance that I can get out there before closing during the current hours. Yes, if you were open later on weekdays I'd be out there more.

Hey John, you might want to make your poll a multiple choice where you can select more than one. I can seldom make it out to the store because of the hours, during the week is impossible with the hours. Monday would be nice as almost all stores are closed on Monday that are within a reasonable drive of me.

Hey John, you might want to make your poll a multiple choice where you can select more than one. I can seldom make it out to the store because of the hours, during the week is impossible with the hours. Monday would be nice as almost all stores are closed on Monday that are within a reasonable drive of me.

But for livestock, most stores sell all the good stuff by Sunday afternoon anyway and no new shipments are in, QT'd and ready to go by Monday afternoon.

But for livestock, most stores sell all the good stuff by Sunday afternoon anyway and no new shipments are in, QT'd and ready to go by Monday afternoon.

most of our sales are on Sat usually, but sometimes Sundays are busier, that was the case this past weekend!

john

we are not in a position to do take 2 options, otherwise this would have been a mood point......I have to do one or the other..maybe as economy improves we can do more.

john

How about late hours on a Monday? 4 or 5-9? Thats meets the needs of most people to have later hours and open on a Monday when most stores are not. Just a thought.

Wouldn't Mondays make the most sense? Marine Scene is closed on Mondays and Fins and Feathers is not selling coral on Mondays...

Thats why I was thinking Monday too. There is always that Monday when something bad happens to my tank and I need a Saltwater Speacialty store and no one is open. Then you wish you had a back up cure for every problem. Since you usually don't you wish someone you trusted was open on that Monday!