Recent acquisitions...

lanman

Here are some of the corals (and a sponge) that I have acquired in the last couple of weeks:

Two different aussie echinatas from Mr. Coral (still available as of noon today)

Echinatas1and2.jpg

The third aussie echinata from Mr. Coral (still available as of noon today)

echinata3.jpg

Interesting acro with fluorescent green polyps, and red 'targets' on the ends of branches - from Mr. Coral (colony available - if you ask really nice, he might snip you off a frag).

christmasornaments.jpg

Pink limeade? from Mr. Coral - lost some color on the trip home. Only a couple of frags available today.

pinklimeade.jpg

This coral WILL become this:

bobzfrag.jpg

Or I'll hang myself, after what I paid for it... yes - I wanted this coral pretty badly.

Ultimate rainbow acan from Mr. Coral - a couple of frags available today. The last acan you'll ever need; it has it all - orange, green, purple...

ultimaterainbow.jpg

'Watermelon' acro from Mr. Coral. Pictures don't capture the 'aqua' color on the edges of the corallites:

watermelonacro1.jpg

Close-up of the same coral. No - it is not available; I bought the colony.

watermelonacro2.jpg

Christmas chalice from Marine Scene. They had one more frag available yesterday.

MSchalice.jpg

Blue-polyp'd acro from BRK. Still trying to decide what color it's going to be. Has gone through several shades of pink, red, and blue

brkacro.jpg

Chalice picked up at Mr. Coral a couple of weeks ago:

mrchalice.jpg

Acan with silver 'ribbons' from Mr. Coral a few weeks ago:

silveracan.jpg

And last, but not least - this really strange iridescent sponge - if you beg nicely, Mr. Coral might let you have a piece. So far, it is impossible to photograph - but you get the idea:

sponge.jpg

bob

Here is what that pink limeade looked like up at Mr. Coral's when I picked it up - his picture:

PB090401_resized2.jpg

Think it might turn out to look like I think??

bob

Does he have a better record with SPS frags than he does with zoanthids?

Well, I don't know what his record with zoanthids is - I've never purchased any from him! And only a few SPS until yesterday. But his LPS has a fine track record in my tanks.

bob

i was actually gonna pm you to see what you picked up Bob...3rd one down is a Sarmentosa..and 4th one down is the recent Aussie hotness and actually already has a name...http://www.uniquecorals.com/uccollection/strawberry-shortcake-acro-frags..he had 1 frag left when i talked to him around 5pm yesterday..i think its a nasuta...6th one down is a Protrata, also one of the nicer acros coming in from Aussie..i picked up a colony from the first Aussie shipment that came in over a month ago...was mostly yellow with pink and green hues and here it is after about a month in my tank..my favorite colony right now...

now this is what i woulkd call "watermelon" Bob... :lol2:

IMG_6455.jpg

Great looking stuff Bob! :) I have had great success with 98% (rough estimate) of the corals I have gotten from sonny (Mr. Coral) I frequently by his stuff off of ebay and others from the store whe I go over there to pick up my stuff. He and his crew have been nothing but nice and great to me and I always look forwards to going up there to pick up corals. I have also gottem a good amount of zoanthids and never had a single problem but I always dip my things before going into the tank. My only complaint is that he is so far away from here. :(

And IMHO I really don't think that's a sponge Bob, I know that it was also your first impression of it, Thr texture on that thing is no where near the texture of a sponge hence that's why they are called sponges so they can absorb and filter water for food..the texture on that so called sponge is more smooth like bubble algae and by no means is it pourous like a real sponge is...but again that's just my educated opinion...

Edited by DDiver

I'm curious as to what his track record is. My tank is full of zoanthids I have bought off of him, and I have yet to have a problem.

here u go Bob....don't you just love it when you are right?... :cheers:

http://www.extremecorals.com/Merchant2/mer...tegory_Code=New

hopefully u didn't have to sell your kidney for a frag of algae.... :hammer:

Edited by DDiver

here u go Bob....don't you just love it when you are right?... :cheers:

http://www.extremecorals.com/Merchant2/mer...tegory_Code=New

hopefully u didn't have to sell your kidney for a frag of algae.... :hammer:

Hah! I am vindicated... or something. I told him it was an algae - he told me it was a sponge. :)

And no - based on the total purchase price of my choices for the day - I was awarded a free piece of algae, and directions to the nearest soup kitchen.

Thanks for the ID's DDiver! I guess if unique corals has a waiting list halfway through next year for pieces of that strawberry shortcake for $149 per small frag - I won't feel so bad! My frag is 2.5" of goodness!

No new frag tank coming - but I smell a SALE coming at Bobzreef... I don't have any room left at all!

bob

No problem Bob.....I have a decent sized piece of that Spankeys but it's not big/colored up enough to make any comparisons...And if u interested in trading a piece of your prostata/milli for mine I would be glad to....

No problem Bob.....I have a decent sized piece of that Spankeys but it's not big/colored up enough to make any comparisons...And if u interested in trading a piece of your prostata/milli for mine I would be glad to....

Sounds reasonable - I need to divide it, or take off a frag or two for safetys sake, anyhow.

bob

Sounds reasonable - I need to divide it, or take off a frag or two for safetys sake, anyhow.

bob

Me too, only reason I haven't is because Its really nice and uniformed so i didn't

wanna mess it up but I'd rather have a branch missing than not have a backup...lol

Me too, only reason I haven't is because Its really nice and uniformed so i didn't

wanna mess it up but I'd rather have a branch missing than not have a backup...lol

Mine has an area that is encrusted, with branches just starting to grow that I can remove without messing it up. I'm still deciding where to cut.

bob