starboard

altezza

try opposite of port. What are you going to use flow if you're going BB

got a 34 solano...using MP20 for flow, tunze 9002 for skimmer...is it good enough?

why not use 3/4" plywood and fiberglass resin kit? probably lots cheaper than using starboard.

1st thought was: "WHAT??" But then I got to thinking, what about if you just used a 2-part epoxy to paint the bottom of the tank? Could even sprinkle some aragonite on it. Would give you traction for staking rocks, the look of a sand bed and the funtion of a BB.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1st thought was: "WHAT??" But then I got to thinking, what about if you just used a 2-part epoxy to paint the bottom of the tank? Could even sprinkle some aragonite on it. Would give you traction for staking rocks, the look of a sand bed and the funtion of a BB.

I like this idea, never really liked the BB look, but this would solve that problem and add the benifits of BB.

john

Good idea, but be careful what kind of 2 part you use. The stuff I got from the local hobby shop looked like all the rest, but after 3 months in the tank with a bio-load.....it still never cured. I would go with one that has been proven by the rockwall builders over on RC.

Is the epoxy safe to use over the silicone joint?