Plumbing supply stores

Hi All

I am a newbie trying to start my first 75g tank. The DIY stand just got done. Now I am ready for the plumbing phase. Home Depot doesn't have much of a selection when it comes to pvc fittings. Can someone recommend stores that carry these plumbing parts?

Thanks in advance.

Rey

Depends on where you are. Lowes has a better selection than Home Depot. But I have a local Ace hardware store that has pretty much anything I need or at least the parts to build it.

Flexpvc.com is a good place to find special order stuff. Shipping is expensive but I couldnt find what I wanted locally.

HTH

Ron

Where are you located?

bob

I am located in Clarksburg, MD. BTW, congrats on your TOTM. I have been studying your setup.

-Rey

Seems a lot of people use Lowes and ACE, brick and mortar wise. I will check them out then all the other online sites.

Thanks

-Rey

I am located in Clarksburg, MD. BTW, congrats on your TOTM. I have been studying your setup.

-Rey

Thanks!

We have a couple of nice plumbing parts stores here in Manassas, but the cost is high. So, I usually go to Home Depot, and then Lowe's - and then what I can't find, I go to the plumbing supply for. But you have to know what you're asking for, or be able to describe it very well.

bob

You can usually find a lot of the supplies at some of the vendors, too. They will carry the parts that are not used for normal plumbing in addition to some of the parts that you would otherwise need.

One suggestion - stick to one supplier. They don't all use the same brands and each brand has a slightly different thread on things such as unions. Not talking male to female connections, but rather the union threading itself as well as bulkhead threading itself - they aren't universal and you can't mix parts from different manufacturers.

As far as box stores go, I think Lowe's is much better selection-wise than HD. ACE, in my experience, is good for some of the things you won't find at either of the big stores (gate valves, etc.)