Dr Foster and Smith

John

Okay, before I became a WAMAS member or even learned about some of our local vendors I purchased some equipment from Dr. Foster and Smith. As some of you may know I purchased a Coralife Power Center with the mechanical timer and it STB after 3 months. Thus, I immediately posted a negative testimonial on their website that simply stated something to the effect of, "it failed within 3 months, buy something else". I just received an e-mail from Dr. Foster and Smith saying they will refund or exchange the unit, which is a very generous offer since they have a 60-day policy on electrical items and mine failed around 90 days. Thus, I wouldn't have to deal with the manufacturer, but at the same time I am aggrevated they did not post my testimonial...

It sounds to me like they went above and beyond - now that's great customer service! By definition "testimonials" are supposed to be endorsements (positive) of the product, so it's not surprising that they didn't post yours. They paid attention, though, and followed up - good for them!

I've only great things to say about the Drs. Even the mix up I had was handled very professionally and I was updated by phone along with their forum on RC regularly.

Ive had great experiences with them but if you look you'll notice there are NO negative posts for anything they carry. I always thought that was a bit shadey

• 2 weeks later...

Its not a Fosters's and Smith issue - its a manufacturer one.

Thats cool they said they would take care of it. Definitely a postive for trying to clean up manufacturer issues themselves.

Well, my issue with Foster & Smith is they didn't post my testimonial...I looked back and this is what I had said, "My mechanical timer stopped working after 3 months of use...if you're going to purchase, only purchase the digital version." After doing some research, Coralife Power Centers may not be the most desired setup, but I think my comments would be advanteous for others.

That all being said, I have shipped back the faulty unit to Foster and Smith and I am awaiting the next move.

Well, my issue with Foster & Smith is they didn't post my testimonial...I looked back and this is what I had said, "My mechanical timer stopped working after 3 months of use...if you're going to purchase, only purchase the digital version." After doing some research, Coralife Power Centers may not be the most desired setup, but I think my comments would be advanteous for others.

That all being said, I have shipped back the faulty unit to Foster and Smith and I am awaiting the next move.

Ewww... are they going to replace it with an identical unit? I have a couple of those things - sitting in boxes; I was lucky - they just stopped working. Some people apparently had house fires from them.

bob

They gave me the option to replace the unit or give me a full refund of the purchase price...I requested a store credit toward the purchase of a pH probe for my ReefKeeper2...I haven't received a call yet to see how they're going to handle it.

Just received a call from Dr. Foster and Smith...they allowed be to use credit toward the purchase of a pH probe, so it turned out to be a good experience (minus the Power Center failing), but they definately did the right thing.