Jan's 75 gallon

Jan

Very nice...glad to see some pictures of the new tank.

I see the purple reef lobster came out for his picture to be taken.

Good job!!

Very nice...glad to see some pictures of the new tank.

I see the purple reef lobster came out for his picture to be taken.

Good job!!

Agreed. Looks great Jan!

Thanks everyone. I'm sure I'll be changing things around again and again. It's definately a work in progress as well as a labor of love. These pics really don't do it justice but I had to post them.

(edited)

Thank you Dan. Yes, it's very simple.

75 gallon AGA RR tank

48" Corallife Aqualight Pro HQI/compact fluroesent/lunar light fixture w/2 150watt 10K MH and 2-96Watt PC's

ASM G1 skimmer

Mag 6 pump for the return

20 gallon sump

150 watt heater

Large CPR HOB refugium with 4 types of macro algae, LS, LR, several mangrove trees

and PC lighting.

Nice tank unveiling, Jan. The inhabitants look very happy. Can you give us a run down of your equipment?
Edited by Jan

Did you change the MHs yet Jan. If you haven't I would go for 14k ones to give it a bluer coloration. Looks pretty good! Keep the pictures coming.

"Corallife Aqualight Pro HQI/compact fluroesent/lunar light fixture w/2 150watt 10K MH and 2-96Watt PC's"

I ran this same light a couple of years back and found it to be weak. And that was over a 55g. The Pc's never quite cut it for me for actinics. Have you thought about switching to T5's instead? You can sell this light and pick a very good T5 retro kit.

Looking good Jan. I thought it looked a little yellow in there. Then I read that you're running 10k's. Believe me, you will be so satisfied with a higher "K" rated bulb like a 14k, as Boret mentioned. Have you noticed that the 10k's are washing out the corals? So how do you like that 75 gallon vs. your previous small tanks?

Edited by Nate

Looking good Jan. I thought it looked a little yellow in there. Then I read that you're running 10k's. Believe me, you will be so satisfied with a higher "K" rated bulb like a 14k, as Boret mentioned. Have you noticed that the 10k's are washing out the corals? So how do you like that 75 gallon vs. your previous small tanks?

Yes, it's too brown. The 10K is definately fading the corals. I've got x2 14K on the way. I ordered them today.

I love the 75. It's much easier to maintain than the nano.

Way to go Jan!

Does the lobster mess with anyone else? DO you have shrimp in there?

Thanks Larry. The lobster tried nipping at the fish the first two days. Now it's fine. It molted yesterday. When I fed my sun corals mysis it came out and got some too. I think it will be alright as long as I keep it fed.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the crappy pics. I still have not gotten a new camera. these are updated photos with new/modified lights.

front

Fishtankpics104.jpg

Middle to right

Fishtankpics107.jpg

Low mid

Fishtankpics108.jpg

Low right

Fishtankpics109.jpg

Low left

Fishtankpics115.jpg

top left

Fishtankpics120.jpg

floor center Ricordea yuma rock

Fishtankpics125.jpg

mid right Borneman anemone

Fishtankpics124.jpg

Low mid left

Fishtankpics114.jpg

Low middle to right Blastomussa

Fishtankpics126.jpg

Bottom right Trumpet neon

Fishtankpics127.jpg

Mint chp chalice

Fishtankpics084-1.jpg

Acan lord

Fishtankpics086-1.jpg

Unknown acan

Fishtankpics041.jpg

Upper right

Fishtankpics029.jpg

Upper mid to right ricordea florida, rock flower anemone, purple haze

Fishtankpics030.jpg

Center; Trumpet coral colony, zoanthid and playthoa rock

Fishtankpics031.jpg

Top right back wall from left to right-Tyree blue chalice, green with purple rim monti, unkown green monti. Low right

Fishtankpics032.jpg

Corallimorph

Fishtankpics083.jpg

Emerald crab http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/janvl07/Nanoand75GalReeftanks182.jpg[/

Wow, what a wonderful compliment. Thank you.

Jan, Love the tank! Hopefully mine will look like yours one day!

I promise that I will frag it and you will have a frag.

Nice! I call first dibs if you ever frag that blasto! :)

:eek: OMG I know. But just how big? Is it ever enough? It's awful. But you're no help. You gave me some stuff. You contributed.

looks like its time to upgrade to the 24" deep or the 36" since your running out of room.....

Oh, my word, Jan ... you HAVE been busy! Tank is looking great. In about another 6 months, you will find yourself in the 'Help! Someone take some frags!' category, as all of those corals start competing for space.

Do you have a calcium reactor yet?? Watch your pH and Alk!

bob

When they get too big, I'll pass some on the way they were passed on to me. Thank you.

I have a reactor, but it's not hooked up.

Oh, my word, Jan ... you HAVE been busy! Tank is looking great. In about another 6 months, you will find yourself in the 'Help! Someone take some frags!' category, as all of those corals start competing for space.

Do you have a calcium reactor yet?? Watch your pH and Alk!

bob