Hunter's 120 Gallon Tech Tank

Well, I haven't even got the 220 out of the basement yet... and here we go again!! Pictures to follow.

Tank:

Oceanic 120 Gallon Tech Tank in Black with Starphire Front Glass with Stand

Lighting:

Giesemann Spectra 2x250 watt SE and T5's

Temperature:

Teco 1/3 hp Chiller with Heat and UV

Circulation:

2 Vortech MP40W Powerheads

or

2 Tunze 6101's on an Aquasurf

Filtration:

CPR Small HOB Refugium

Deltec FR509 Media reator (Currently used with Rowa-Phos)

Deltec AP600 Protein Skimmer

Controller:

ACIII

Calcium and Alkalinity:

Grey Seas Kalk Reactor

Deltec PF509 Calcium reactor (Includes CO2 tank w/regulator)

Life Support:Gen-X PCX 40 return pump

Ocean Clear Canister Filter

40 Gallon Breeder Sump

Spectrapure 5 Stage RODI

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Circulation:

2 Vortech MP40W Powerheads

or

2 Tunze 6101's on an Aquasurf"

Or, if you are brave, aquasurf those MP40's. I have done mine and absolutely love it. I still let the mp40's run in reefcrest, but use the aquasurf to slow them down at night and during feedings.

Yes I bought this tank as a breakdown package deal... even came with rock. The gentleman who sold it was moving and had just set the tank up in February. I was shocked when I arrived and everything was cleaned and looked new, in original boxes, not a scratch on anything. His asking price was with coral and fish, which I opted not to take, so he gave me a even better deal.

Kevin Garrison was kind enough to ride with me and move the set up. It is in my kitchen now and as soon as I get supports under the tank I am going to fill it up!!

Don't worry Hunter. You're not addicted; you could stop anytime you wanted. It's just that you don't want to stop right now...

The good news is that since this tank is only half the size, you'll only spend half as much time on reefing as you did with your previous tank, right? At least, once you finish setting it up, plumbing it, installing the rest of the hardware, troubleshooting and fiddling with all the new hardware that doesn't work quite the way you intended, building the rockwork, trips to find and buy new fish and corals, arranging and glueing all the corals in place, and writing this build thread.

This is too funny.

(edited)

Ok Hunter, let's get one thing straight........I'm the record holding tank switcher in this club!! :biggrin:

Judging by your last tank, this one should be no less than spectacular. Following along.

Edited by steveoutlaw

Yes I bought this tank as a breakdown package deal... even came with rock. The gentleman who sold it was moving and had just set the tank up in February. I was shocked when I arrived and everything was cleaned and looked new, in original boxes, not a scratch on anything. His asking price was with coral and fish, which I opted not to take, so he gave me a even better deal.

Kevin Garrison was kind enough to ride with me and move the set up. It is in my kitchen now and as soon as I get supports under the tank I am going to fill it up!!

I almost bought that setup because the deal was too good to pass up. I just couldn't make it out to Richmond due to work and schedule with the kids. Congrats and I can't wait to see more progress on this one.

Jon, I am definately addicted. At least its not drugs...

Steve, I think I have a ways to go if I want to catch up to you!

Gio... Definately not a deal to pass up... I am a sucker for a good deal...

Camaron.... Here We Go!

Step 1:

D90FirstPics201-1.jpg

Step 2:

D90FirstPics203-2.jpg

Step 3:

D90FirstPics206-1.jpg

Step 4:

D90FirstPics207-2.jpg

Step 5:

D90FirstPics209-1.jpg

D90FirstPics213-1.jpg

D90FirstPics210-1.jpg

Definately not happy with the rock structure yet... and I definately didn't do a good job of making sure not majanos made it in here... however, this tank is killer!!

I have the chiller and return pump downstairs. The floor is supported underneath with custom braces I had made. Ill take pictures of that later!

Thanks Caps Fan!

220... haha... we will see how long I can hold out... I need to get a renter downstairs before I do anything stupid... lol..

I am going to go super high end with the corals in here this time!

Thanks Caps Fan!

220... haha... we will see how long I can hold out... I need to get a renter downstairs before I do anything stupid... lol..

I am going to go super high end with the corals in here this time!

That's what I should have done with my pico. :laugh: Oh well. If I come across anything nice and I can afford, i'll make room.

(edited)

Wow man! That is one sexy looking tank! That light kicks arse too! The entire setup looks very professional. Its all pretty high end stuff. I am wondering what kinda of "deal" you got it all for .

Edited by Nate

TANKS GUYS!

ttlee thanks!

Nate... around $3000

Dan! Thanks! I bought this tank because of the brain and the carpet anemone... how silly!

Boret! I am down anytime, I need to come to your house... you see anything I should bring you a frag of?

Rob... Sold almost all my SPS... so I will have to restock... long time till I sell frag packs... however, I have one available right now from the break down... PM me if you need som acro frags!