Fish that Bite, Nip and/or Eat Your Arm Hair!

reefhunter

Just curious what type of fish bite your arms when you are working on your tank....

My maroon female is super aggressive and bites!

My sailfin tang rips hair off my arm!

My cleaner wrasse nips me!

What other fish are biting people?

My female Percula bites me and draws blood. And both my male and female Clarki will usually go after me if they are spawning and I happen to be near their "area". But the female perc is a little *@ and always bites.

My ocellaris clowns will nibble oh so gently at the tips of my fingers until they realize I don't have any food. My skunk cleaner shrimp never leaves my hand alone though. Feels especially funny when it digs under my fingernails.

I had a fish we called "yellow fang"......meanist fish I ever had.....he would ram his spike into my arm.....man I hated that fish.....

cheers,

Darren

I had a fish we called "yellow fang"......meanist fish I ever had.....he would ram his spike into my arm.....man I hated that fish.....

cheers,

Darren

cheers,

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

My female percula hates having my hand in the tank. She has drawn blood before. The fish have seemed to grow more aggresive since they have started laying eggs on a regular basis.

I had a lawnmower blenny that would bite my arm every time I went into the tank. I hated that guy. Took him back to the LFS in fact!

I've got a domino damsel that I have had since I cycled my tank 16 months ago that hit me like ten times just last night. [in my frag tank}] I wish he would go carpet surfing. Free to good home if anyone wants the SOB.