MP 40 help

zygote2k

When starting up the unit, the lights blink in a manner to indicate the firmware version that is installed. If it's not current (check with their website), you may want to update it.

I run mine in reef crest mode. The second is slaved synchronously rather than anti-sync.

Getting things set up to run quietly sometimes requires a slight twisting motion of the dry side (which helps to align things) - a visual alignment of the dry side and the wet side is only a start and may result in noisy operation. Adjust it to make it as quiet as you can after which it may take a few hours for it to really quiet down.

Make sure that you've got the cord for the dry side secured so that if the wet side separates, that the dry side doesn't fall to the floor.

You can get these foam sleeves that go over sides of the wet frame. I don't bother with them.

The dry side can get pretty warm to the touch. This is normal.

The battery back up unit is a good investment. One back up unit can cover up to two MP40W's.

If the unit is having trouble, it will blink out an error code. These are not documented in their user guide (as far as I can tell) but a quick call over to Ecotech Marine will get you the support you need. They'll support you even if you're not the original owner. Their support is excellent. You'll be hard pressed to find a more responsive shop.

Be advised: They can move a good deal of water: If you turn them up high enough, they'll suck the substrate up from your aquarium floor (even more than a foot away) and blow it around your tank. If you're going to run in a random pattern mode (lagoon or reef crest), try adjusting for maximum permissible flow using one of the fixed modes first (to set the limit) before switching over to the random mode.

Make sure to clean the wet side often in vinegar. The ceramic bearing will accumulate calcium deposits, which will lead to shaft wear.

Nobody wants shaft wear.

Nobody wants shaft wear.

He said Shaft Wear :biggrin: :lol2:

No so serious. Tagging along .. so on my 240 8'X2'X2' what placement would be good for these guys to make a natural wave. my 2 returns come from the left of the tank.

Curtis

I was having a bit of trouble with my MP 20's I noticed when on start up you dont want to have the powerhead on full output the unit would power fail off due to too much initial current running on the circuit board I also noticed when the unit has plenty of ventilation and you crank the power up slowly things will work fine. Found this out in the last few days after talking to the Tech department.

Well, installation went great. Everything is top notch and instructions were very easy to understand. I like the fact that it can be programmed to turn off if the 2 halves become disconnected. Well worth the $350 price tag. Can't be beat.

I'm thinking about putting an MP20 on my 40 breeder...

Well, installation went great. Everything is top notch and instructions were very easy to understand. I like the fact that it can be programmed to turn off if the 2 halves become disconnected. Well worth the $350 price tag. Can't be beat.

I'm thinking about putting an MP20 on my 40 breeder...

The MP20 maybe to strong for the tank. I know they have an MP10 and that pump is pretty sweet.