Is there any fish that eats bristle worms this big

epleeds

I have been pulling some large bristle worms out of my tank lately. Is there anything that might eat them.

IMG_3862.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

Do mantises (manti?) eat bristle worms?

I've been using blood worms that big for the croaker on the lower potomac. :lol2: Just save them up and sell them by the dozen.

Otherwise on a serious note, best bet would be catching them and pulling them out. I had some monsters ~14+ inches in my tank before I started pulling them out. They were actually feeding on my live snails. I've still got some smaller ones but nothing like before.

I've been using blood worms that big for the croaker on the lower potomac. :lol2: Just save them up and sell them by the dozen.

Otherwise on a serious note, best bet would be catching them and pulling them out. I had some monsters ~14+ inches in my tank before I started pulling them out. They were actually feeding on my live snails. I've still got some smaller ones but nothing like before.

how did you get them out....i think they are to big for normal traps..i had to put on several latex gloves and pulled those out...

I just used a pair of 12" tweezers and grabbed them. Around feeding time and just after dark were the best times to go hunting. I'd check the tank every night with a small flashlight before going to bed and pull at least 1 monster every few days.

After a while the sightings became far and few in between.

I just used a pair of 12" tweezers and grabbed them. Around feeding time and just after dark were the best times to go hunting. I'd check the tank every night with a small flashlight before going to bed and pull at least 1 monster every few days.

After a while the sightings became far and few in between.

I was afraid you were going to say by hand...might have to make a trap. it would be a pain to be in the tank every night...

thanks..

eric