Possible problem with typhoon III extreme

davjbeas

Hello,

My typhoon III has been running for 6 months now.

When my resiover was filled the float valve closed the auto shut off valve to close

the water supply and the pressure meter went down to zero

Now when the resiover is filled the pressure valve stays where it normally is when filling

the resoiver. Does this mean water is still going throught the unit and down the drain?

David B.

Mine has been doing that all winter as well.

David, have you dropped a line to the folks over at AWI? They're incredibly responsive and could give you an answer quickly.

• 3 months later...
Mine has been doing that all winter as well.

You can add me to the list of " does the same ". I think we all got our Typhoon at the same WAMAS group buy.

AWI is responsive, I had a bad membrane and they send me a new one.

It sounds like an ASOV might have gone bad. I got mine replaced last year but it looks like it has gone bad again. I haven't got time to contact them yet.

It sounds like an ASOV might have gone bad. I got mine replaced last year but it looks like it has gone bad again. I haven't got time to contact them yet.

Sounds the same to me. I was looking over my Typhoon III last night when mling resurrected this months-old thread. David, did you ever get this resolved. I also noticed last night that AWI has ASOV's listed on their site. You may be able to find one locally from one of our vendors, though.

No, I never did anything about it. Because it has been working fine. I guess the problem was only temporary.

David