acrylic in DC

ctreptow

Hi All

I want to build a 150G acrylic tank and was wondering where I could buy acrylic in the DC area? I live in No Va and was looking for 1/2 cell cast.

3    60 x 24

1    60 x 24  Black

2    24 x 23

I will also need some 1/4" acrlic for my overflows.

Thanks Chris

there is acme plastics in alexandria rt off of 395. edsall rd past the denny's on general washington drive. HTH

Sure 2 would be more fun then one.

I got a quote from artistic acrylics in Gaithersburg for $800 built. The acrylic prices I have from local companies so far is about $400 to $600 for just the acrylic. I haven't done this before so I'm a little hesitant to start with a project that will cost $400. One little mistake and ooops there it goes :)..

I am going to add 2 over flows with a 1" bulkhead for overflow and 2 3/4 bulkheads for return. I am plumbing the tank to the basement where I am putting the sump and all the lighting controls. I figured I would run 2 SCWD’s under the tank for the returns.

I'm also going to add a 20G Refugium above the display tank with a gravity flow back into the tank.

I have run a 30G reef for about 3 years and my toadstool has grown to be about 13" in dia, so I figured it's time to move to the tank of my dreams.

Chris

I paid $180 for a 3/8" 4'x8' sheet of CP extruded acrylic at ACME to build my sump.  You must use GP cell cast acrylic for your display tank, as it is stronger, cuts better, etc.  They told me it would double the price.  Check out Cyro Industries acrylic aquarium thickness calculator to see what you need to get for your tank.

also check out the other threads on the boards about acrylic... Acrylic threads.

s

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't have my forum setting set right so I didn't see all the other threads with the same question. I found all the other posts last night and was embarrassed to be asking this again.

The Calculator link is great, thanks for the info.

Chris