my 34g Solana

El Camaron

Hey fello reefers, i am new to this site and still a bit new to the hobby, i started with a 29 gallon biocube around March 08 which did great, in August 08 i decided to set up a 65 gallon tank and within a few months of that set up i decided to go back to a smaller tank which is the solana i have now. I run a TEK T5 24" fixture, stock skimmer and a bag of chemipure, kalk is added though the JBJ ATO and do 5 gallon water changes every week using seachem salt.

043-1.jpg

040-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

061-1.jpg

082.jpg

077.jpg

100.jpg

099.jpg

085-1.jpg

109.jpg

025-2.jpg

106.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the complements, i downsized because i wanted to put tile on my whole fist floor and i did about two months after the 65 was set up but for me to be able to finish the job i had to dismantle the tank and move it and so well i took the opportunity to create more room in my home and found a better spot for a decent size tank. Also the maintenance time and money was less.

not the best shots

062.jpg

086.jpg

i was bored and decided to create a rack that would use up the back wall space

036-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

008-5.jpg

058-2.jpg

thanks NIKI, I did not use the stock bottles as ATO because they just did not work for me, originally those go in the 3rd chamber but the way i have my set up is i have a 4 gallon bucket ( one pictured underneath the DIY frag rack) and from there i have a small pump that goes to the fist chamber that way the skimmer stays at the same level for better performance.

thanks NIKI, I did not use the stock bottles as ATO because they just did not work for me, originally those go in the 3rd chamber but the way i have my set up is i have a 4 gallon bucket ( one pictured underneath the DIY frag rack) and from there i have a small pump that goes to the fist chamber that way the skimmer stays at the same level for better performance.

Very cool. Another question, how much evaporation is it under T5?

You have a very nice setup. And WOW 5 gallons every 2-3 weeks. I go thru 5 gallons in two days but I also run 2 250w MH and I leave my top open on the 75 gallon.

that was just the boring old standard lens that comes with a canon rebel. I do have a macro lens that i will shoot a shot of the coral once it settles in nicely. Stay tuned for that one!!!

oo i haven't seen them under acintics thats why I didn't pick up on them! I saw a frag up on ebay awhile ago around $200 :(. I can't wait for the day when I can have sps and lps in my tank :(

lps and zoas you should be ok to start soon, for some reason the thrive in not so pristine water, now sps you will have to keep up on your parameters more as well as water changes and maybe dosing calcium, magnesium and others.

yea all my paras are at 0 atm, I do 10-20% weekly water changes since the tank is such a small volume... the only thing keeping me from going sps is the lighting requirement, 72w of pc is not nearly enough lol