My Cardinalfish has mouth babies w00t

octopus

Today I got home from work and I noticed my Bang.Cardinals acting weird. The males moth is huge and the female won't leave his side. The male yawned and I got a quick glance of the pink egg sacs! What a great few days it's been, I proposed to my GF and my Cards. are havin' babies!!!!!! From what I read the babies should be ready to leave poppa's mouth in about 21-24 days, looks like I got my hands full!

Today I got home from work and I noticed my Bang.Cardinals acting weird. The males moth is huge and the female won't leave his side. The male yawned and I got a quick glance of the pink egg sacs! What a great few days it's been, I proposed to my GF and my Cards. are havin' babies!!!!!! From what I read the babies should be ready to leave poppa's mouth in about 21-24 days, looks like I got my hands full!

Congrats on both accounts :)

good deal, get some decapsulated brine shrimp eggs and be prepared to hatched them when they do.

Mos def! Any experiance with baby Cards. ?

Aren't you supposed to get married first - BEFORE having the babies??

bob

When mine spawned I caught as many as I could before the rest of the tank dined on them, put them in a floating breeder, and fed them cyclopeeze and frozen rotis. None lasted more than a couple of weeks, but I think it's because I didn't have much flow in the breeder and food built up on the bottom. Next time I'd be more careful to feed less and keep the breeder clean. I think that they since spawned again, but I didn't notice in time and didn't get to catch any of the babies.

Congratulations.

Is your fiance aware that you are putting having cardinal fish babies at the same level of joy as getting engaged to marry her? JK, but watch out and avoid one day hearing in marital discussions, "you care more about your stupid fish than me". I wish you the best in achieving a super-high hobby WAF.

Congratulations.

Is your fiance aware that you are putting having cardinal fish babies at the same level of joy as getting engaged to marry her? JK, but watch out and avoid one day hearing in marital discussions, "you care more about your stupid fish than me". I wish you the best in achieving a super-high hobby WAF.

AHHHHHHHHH! That is sooooo funny cuz she said the same thing! In my defense, I did have this hobby before we met! ;)

When mine spawned I caught as many as I could before the rest of the tank dined on them, put them in a floating breeder, and fed them cyclopeeze and frozen rotis. None lasted more than a couple of weeks, but I think it's because I didn't have much flow in the breeder and food built up on the bottom. Next time I'd be more careful to feed less and keep the breeder clean. I think that they since spawned again, but I didn't notice in time and didn't get to catch any of the babies.

I'm sure this won't be easy. Thanks for the tip!

Maybe you can contact that fertility doctor in California and then you can compete with the Cardinals. :biggrin:

Congrats!

Good idea! Then maybe I can get govt. help to raise them!!!!!!!!!!

Hey if you can raise any... I want a pair! :)

Hey if you can raise any... I want a pair! :)

Keep in touch! If all goes well, you got it!