Ideas needed

SteveM

I have a Green Cap in my tank that is starting to take over everything in it's way. Does anyone have any ideas about how to keep it from taking over? I have trimmed it back several times but it has encrusted onto some rock and I need to get it off. Taking the rock out of the tank is not an option so I am looking for a way to either kill it off the rock or have something that can stop it from getting bigger and covering over some very nice arcos.

Thanks Phil, I have actually tried to scrape it off but it just won't go away............

Maybe a thick kalk paste and then cover it with that?

I have had some success boiling ro water and siphoning through airline tubing and hitting my orange cap. Care must be taken to watch tank temps. Sometimes I add a few ro ice blocks to the sump to counter.

I really don't know if this would work or not, but how about breaking off as much as you can and taking a stiff nylon brush (toothbrush-sized) and just scrubbing the polyps of whatever remains? I would think that the mechanical abuse would be sufficient but, then again, maybe not.

I've had success using a thick Kalk paste as well, but it was only temporary. I found a Rose Mille to be a much more permanent solution, not to mention easier on the eyes.