finding people in fredericksburg area in hobby

lhcorals

There are a few of us down this way. Depending upon what kind of help you need might dictate which of us to talk to. (Or which of us to avoid talking to as the case may be).

Garrett.

There are a few of us down this way. Depending upon what kind of help you need might dictate which of us to talk to. (Or which of us to avoid talking to as the case may be).

Garrett.

:lol2:

I'm a bit farther up the road in southern Fauquier County. Bealeton is about 30 minutes from F'burg.

Thanks for responding. i wasnt to clear on the help i needed, sorry. i am trying to find someone who knows how to build a media reactor. My wife and i are also wanting to get to know people in the hobby. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks again.

It's a pretty simple concept. I've never DIY'ed a media reactor, but I can't imagine it would be a big deal. I utilize a few of the phosban reactors as for the price they can't be beat. There are larger ones available and I'm sure you could either construct one cheaply or for a nominal price have a nicer job done by one of the local fabricators.

Garrett.

Depends what kind of media you are using, and what you are intending it to do. Generally it is recommended that phosphate remover utilize a slower flow rate than carbon. I piggy back mine so as to use just one pump. I find that a maxijet dialed down more than suffices to "tumble" the phosphate remover.

G.

Also looking for people intersted in waving hand and kenya tree coral. have plenty in frag tank that i want to get rid of.

I have a manifold off my dart return. My uv comes off of that and i was thinking of piggybacking off that. It has a ball valve on it, but would the flow out of the uv be to much for media reastor?

Just using a general idea of flow rates coming out of UVs I would say that it would be too much. You could always T off of the output, put on another ball valve and use that to feed the reactor though.

G.

I dont know a thing about reactors,stirrers,dosers,ozonators,chillers or anything else with a fancy name....but was just going to say hi to local reefer!

I checked all the media reactors at that fish place and Dr. foster&smith, they say 150 gal. I guess i would have to buy two. Anyone have a old calcium reactor? I would like to add this to my tank also. I dont know alot about them. I just want to have a healthy and happy tank.