Product Review: Aiptasia Control

Grav

This is a new "Joe's" alternative. Joe's has always been my product of choice for aiptasia killing, but it leave a little to want for with Mojanos so I figgured I'd give this stuff a try.

The product looks and is used exactly the same way. I've just tested it for the 1st time on a patch of 7 or 8 Mojano that have been zapped with Joe's half a dozen times.

1st report is that it has killed most of the Mojano DEAD and GONE! 2 have retreated into the rock and I can't tell how they are doing and the last (and trickiest) who is on the glass and got a smaller dose looks VERY upset. Will update soon when I know the final outcome.

So far I like it.

Guess what... I don't know.

I picked it up a month or more ago when I first saw it hit the market. I can't remember where I got it.

I mentioned it to John at BRK but that was before I had even gotten it, let alone tested it.

Nope,

The little bugger on the glass is not dead, but he took a much worse beating than Joe was giving him. The 2 in the rock are yet to bee seen. I think this stuff is my new solution.

Happy hunting.

All those that were in/on the rock are dead and gone. The one on the glass is going to make it, but it is burned down to a stub of it's former self. I'd think another dose would do it, but being on a flat vertical surface makes it impossible to really nail him.

(edited)

That link didn't work for me, but the name is in the title, and it is made by Blue Life / Blue Vet Rx.

Edited by Grav

(edited)

sorry about that - here's the link:

ok I lied - for some reason when the link gets posted, it breaks. Anyways, Marine Depot has it - under 'Medications' -> 'Blue Life' -> ' Blue Life Aiptasia Control'

Edited by tonkadawg

• 3 weeks later...

Based on Grav's majano experience above, I picked up a bottle of this stuff over the weekend and went to work on my sump. First impressions are that this stuff blows away joe's juice when used against majanos, just as he reports. For those of you who have seen my sump, I just hit every single majano on that big blueridge coral in less than 15 minutes. 30 minutes later, they are all reduced to snotballs. It's very important to turn off all flow to reduce collateral damage, especially when the majanos are nestled amongst prize zoanthids.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to mention this stuff, Grav!

Glad the stuff is working for you guys too. I'd do anything to irradicate them from the hobby.

I am also curious how the red sea product works. Sadly, even if I had the red sea stuff, I have nothing left to kill :o)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Phil now I'm out to get some special killer juice. :blast: I hate them as well

Curtis

Just want to add my 2 cents. I bought Joe's Juice couple of weeks after I bought couple of peppermint shrimps because I thought they weren't eating the aitapsia. To my surprise when I came over to the tank to add joes juice to find that I could find aitapsia anywhere for me to apply it to. It seems that the peppermint shrimps did the job for me.