Gem tangs -- Do you want one?

johnnybv

Working on bringing in Gem tangs and am gauging interest, to help decide how many I need to bring in. They are nice and small about 1" to 1 1/2", price will be between $ 2500 and $ 3000 each depending on what freight ends up being. Live aquaria sells them for $3500, when they have them. This is a rare opportunity, so if you are interested please let me know.

John

Wow, thanks for this unique offer! I wish I could afford it, but what a unique fish to be able to show off! In 15+ years I have never seen one of these in this area or the entire Chicagoland area, either.

Wow, thanks for this unique offer! I wish I could afford it, but what a unique fish to be able to show off! In 15+ years I have never seen one of these in this area or the entire Chicagoland area, either.

Yeah, only one I've ever seen was a quarter-sized one at Roozen's that was sold the next day.

I remember he was in a tank with a baseball-sized hermit crab, and he looked pretty frayed.

tim

In 15+ years I have never seen one of these in this area or the entire Chicagoland area, either.

This will change Dave! I've been working this deal for Johnny (and me! :) ) for a long while, and it's about to pay off... :) For those interested, these are from an excellent collector and are in much better shape than some of the other gems that have come in in the past...

Copps

Guest webshout

That's a beautiful fish. When I hit the lottery, I'll be able to afford one and stay happily married. LOL

W.

Hey John,

How about if you get me a black tang with ich and let me tell everyone it's a gem?

I might just have to pull my black tang from my tank to make room.....you are on your own for giving him ick! lol :biggrin:

Hey John,

How about if you get me a black tang with ich and let me tell everyone it's a gem?

Actually, the way the black tang market is going they are becoming rarer and rarer and may be a good investment themselves!

Actually, the way the black tang market is going they are becoming rarer and rarer and may be a good investment themselves!

Yeah, Copps, that's a good one! :) I can hardly wait to use THAT one on my wife. . . . . :) I wonder what her sister's husband the finanancial analyst/planner would say about that. :)

Edited by Kengar

This is the fish with the big price tag?

gemmatum1.jpg

Awwww.... he's cute!

I'd get one, but I'm a coral guy, not a fish guy. I just went through an ich outbreak and lost two fish. If one of them had been a $2500 fish, I would have #*$& myself.

At least there's no sign of ich in the tank now. But I don't think I'll be adding any fish for a month or two.

bob

Does anybody know of anyone who has one of these?

• 2 weeks later...

Paydirt! Oh what a feeling... at long last they are here and all healthy. Johnny has two at the shop, so for the rare opportunity to see this fish in person head to BRK by Saturday, as these won't be there long.

gems433.jpg

Copps