Anyone else see more than 1 thing wrong with this picture

If you can't read it, the caption reads:

Cracked 40 Breeder

OK for reptiles/Rodents

AS-IS

$40 (reg. $79.99)

I saw this at a LFS today and thought at least 2 things were really out of whack. Comments?

Scroll down to see a pic of the "crack"

gallery_696_3_70224.jpg

gallery_696_3_30749.jpg

Yes they do that kind of thing alot? I wonder if they ever get buyers? The only thing I buy from them is crickets:( and I wouldn't even do that if I could find a better place other then mail order to get them!

I guess I felt that:

1) The damage was a lot worse than a small chip or crack. It looks like it's been hit by a hammer. It was surprising to me they are trying to sell it at all. Of course, I guess if you aren't filling it with water, it's the same difference.

2) The price for something like that should be $5 or $10 or free...$40!?

good old super petz... ripping people off one cracked tank at a time

I was always wondering about the glass tank sitations.... how can they sell cracked tanks like that ... what if someone was to get really hurt on thier tanks couldn't they be liable for suite? Just a thought and yes they have some really cracked stuff...the other thing is they have vermin running around all over the place like escaped feeders one time I was there and a guy brought back a 55 pound bag of dogfood full of insects .... it was disgusting and they took it back, but thats a really nasty product to sell ppl... anyway I also have one copmlaint I got some fleas from the crickets they sold me one time... this is pretty common, but a pain in the butt they really need catch the vermin and keep thier cats from climbing over stuff that store is far from sterile:)

That tank was sitting out there the last time I was there over a year ago. FWIW, I bought my 90 gallon from them since they had the cheapest price (of the stores I knew of at the time).

I was always wondering about the glass tank sitations.... how can they sell cracked tanks like that ... what if someone was to get really hurt on thier tanks couldn't they be liable for suite? Just a thought and yes they have some really cracked stuff...the other thing is they have vermin running around all over the place like escaped feeders one time I was there and a guy brought back a 55 pound bag of dogfood full of insects .... it was disgusting and they took it back, but thats a really nasty product to sell ppl... anyway I also have one copmlaint I got some fleas from the crickets they sold me one time... this is pretty common, but a pain in the butt they really need catch the vermin and keep thier cats from climbing over stuff that store is far from sterile:)

I never knew that fact! That thought gives me the creeps! We buy crickets too but from another place... How could one tell if there were fleas on the crickets? :why:

maybe the reason crickets rub their wings is to scratch from flea bites

They were either fleas or mights? we weren't sure but our gerbils ended up getting them and our leos weren't liking them either ... but they were easy to get rid of. We got some reptile safe anti parsite for the cages and we soaked our leos in the tub... the gerbils got cat flea bath.... just a drop and they were good as new hasn't happend since but I hope it never does again .... we let our gerbils on the bed and we were gettingi bit!