Onyx Clowns

newfish

Ok, So I am thinking about getting an Onyx Clown when I am able to get fish again and was looking for some good sources. I have looked on live aquaria and a couple of other places. I am considering Rods Reef

Does anyone have experience with Rods Reef or anyone have better suggestions.

If anyone currently has Onyx clowns please post a pic and where you got it.

Thanks for the help

Josh

Is there a diffrence between Black Percs and Onyx clowns? Sorry I'm not very well versed in clown morphs. If there isn't a diffrence my local Petco has a tank (20 or more) and sells them for $22 a piece.

Is there a diffrence between Black Percs and Onyx clowns? Sorry I'm not very well versed in clown morphs. If there isn't a diffrence my local Petco has a tank (20 or more) and sells them for $22 a piece.

Common name Black Percs might be:

1. Black and White Ocellaris (captive bred in UK, AUS, ORA, or local breeders)

2. Black and White Saddlebacks (Wild caught 99.5%)

3. Black and White Clarks (Wild caught 99.5%)

4. Dark colored Percula, not likely because "Onyx" typically commands a higher price.

Petco "black percs" tend to be CB Black and White Ocellaris.

Onxy clowns might be:

1. Black, White, and Orange A. percula wild caught from SI/PNG or bred by hobbyists

2. Black, White, and Orange from the C-quest line (CB from Rod's, Inland Aquatics, or C-Quest)

Edited by traveller7

Common name Black Percs might be:

1. Black and White Ocellaris (captive bred in UK, AUS, ORA, or local breeders)

2. Black and White Saddlebacks (Wild caught 99.5%)

3. Black and White Clarks (Wild caught 99.5%)

4. Dark colored Percula, not likely because "Onyx" typically commands a higher price.

Petco "black percs" tend to be CB Black and White Ocellaris.

Onxy clowns might be:

1. Black, White, and Orange A. percula wild caught from SI/PNG or bred by hobbyists

2. Black, White, and Orange from the C-quest line (CB from Rod's, Inland Aquatics, or C-Quest)

Didnt someone just recently give a presentation on this? :P

O wait... there he is :) :wig:

I thought someone mentioned putting the presentation up somewhere for people who missed the meeting?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and info.

Johnny Please let me know your source works out and you get some I will deffinitly be there to get it when you do :clap:

Rod's as some sweet onyx clowns. I've been to his place in IL and it was pretty cool. He by far has the nicest onyx clowns I've ever seen.

Rod's as some sweet onyx clowns. I've been to his place in IL and it was pretty cool. He by far has the nicest onyx clowns I've ever seen.