What's your most expensive fish in your tank?

davelin315

coops the angel is checking you out ! you did say it was a male right? :biggrin:

maybe you should be called the angelfish whisperer... check your pm's later i have a q for you.

Edited by Jager

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, remembering that all angelfish are female to male hermaphrodites, this fish was just finishing the transition to male judging from the yellow on the face... full males have a full yellow face...

genicanthus_personatus_male_keoki869.jpg

I'll save my comments as this is a family board! :biggrin:

:eek:

six figure KOI!!!!

Well to answer your question, my top 3!

#3 is my recently purchase Swissguard Basslet, around $100 after WAMAS Discount at BZA

-Great fish btw for those interested, highly recommend them, low maintenance so far and doing great in the tank. Stays mostly to the rocks but out enough to recommend high for visibility!

#2 Blue Velvet Damsel: This Beautiful, cute, CHEAP little BAS#%^$ killed my Flame Angel one day, Singapore Angel the next and B/W Henoichus Acumintas the following before I literally tore my 75g reef tank apart to get him out!!! Gave him to Mike CLOWNFISH4 who put him in his 50g tank with a Huma Huma Trigger to "teach him a lesson"! The last I saw him, he was parked in the MIDDLE of his tank with the Trigger HIDING under a piece of LR in the corner!!! :lol2:

One BAD FISH!!!!

#1 That FREE Clownfish that survived in a 30g tank after no water being added to for 4 MONTHS!!!

The lady was was a friend of my X and she gave me the complete setup to get it out of her house after her husband left her and 5 kids! The initial FREE fish got me into SW Tanks and after 5yrs and counting, has exceeded over $10,000.00 and COUNTING!!!!

:cry: :lol2: :cheers:

I'm trying to picture someone fish burglaring.

I'd like to picture someone fish-burglaring the damsel out of my nano...

bob

centropyge joculator :)

Tracy

Shhhh.....

Only freshwater fish etc. I know, but - 245 for the Asian Leopard on the bottom from Malaysia and 115 for the German Snake Skin on top when it was a baby from Germany.

pic2-2.jpg

Having successfully bred them together:

Priceless:

pic1-3.jpg

_Matt

how do you sohal owners keep your fish alive?i like them but was warned against it for obvious reasons

Jamal, I have him with yellow tang, couple of clowns, a demsel, couple of chromis and he is doing great among other fish. Pretty soon I'll have to find him a new home or find myself a bigger tank :).. I have 75gl and have him for about a year. He is about 7" long and very active

Only freshwater fish etc. I know, but - 245 for the Asian Leopard on the bottom from Malaysia and 115 for the German Snake Skin on top when it was a baby from Germany.

pic2-2.jpg

Having successfully bred them together:

Priceless:

pic1-3.jpg

_Matt

How long before the kids develop the red patterns of their parents?

'Ric

6 - 8 months becomes adults. When they are about 2 inches, you can see most of the pattern starts developing and pick out the outstanding ones. I can't remember accurately in months, probably 3-4 months.