Copepods

Tee

Are there any local fish store around Springfield sale Copepods? I want to buy some and dumb it in my tank for the Mandarin Goby.

I know Supper Pet and Wally don't sell this.

Tee

Thanks a lot Jamal. I'll check.

Tee

----------------

broken record time. brk sells them. call ahead to make sure he has them in before you go.

Centreville does too, but call ahead of time they are called tigger pods!

Oh and one more thing if you put them in your sump you'd be better off my mandrin finshed off a 19.99$ portion in about 3 minutes:) I give mine brine shrimp and he loves them anyway hope this helps

but brine shrimp isn't the most nutritious thing in the world so it shouldn't be a big part of the diet.

I give them copods in a bottle called cylopeads. I also give them mysis but he doesn't seem to want them. As well as brine shrimp both live and frozen. He also gets all the live rock munchies he can stomach and eats well. I am going to reinfuse my tank with coipods every 6 months as soon as I get a refuguim set up. He is about the size of 2.5 inches and is fat full of copipods. Everyone that seems him says he is healthy. I will take pictures soon. Oh and if you must know I have about 50% live rock coverage I have no idea how many pounds.

I know thats why I am setting up a refugium:) Its coming in the mail for friday deliver. Also coming friday is a mail order shippment of copepods. To go in it. Anyway if you put them in your display tank he will eat them faster then fast. Found that out the hard way:)

Come by my house. I can give you tons of them. My mysis population is booming as is the copepod, isopod, and gammarus populations. I can give you a couple scoops of sand and some rubble that will hook you up with tons of breeding ones and then also catch some mysis.

I live in alexandia and you can have a bunch of 'pods with macro algea to start your refugium. My sump and refugium are teeming with the little critters. You'll wind up with a few micro stars as well.

Don't forget Stomatella...they are taking over the refugium section of my 40G breeder, as well as the rest of the tank when the lights are out.

Davelin, I have no mysis or gammarus.....think you could hook me up with a few?

Thx,

-R

Dave, Martin,

I think I will try to set up a refugium soon. I'll ask you later for some of that copepod to get it start.

Thanks a lot for the offer,

Tee

Also noticed some people are getting them on the saltwaterfish.com group buy that's going on right now. you could jump in on that, too. But with the free offers, why bother, I guess...

Don't forget Stomatella...they are taking over the refugium section of my 40G breeder, as well as the rest of the tank when the lights are out.

Davelin, I have no mysis or gammarus.....think you could hook me up with a few?

Thx,

-R

I'll bet you have tons of gammarus (I believe they are just another type of copepod). No problem on either one, though, there's tons of them in there and they really come out at night. You may never actually see them, but they're probably there already! I'd be more than happy to hook you up with some, though.

Actually, let's trade, for some strange reason I don't have any stomatella snails in my system and have only had them in one system in my entire 15+ years of marine aquariums!