Scott & Marcia's 175g bowfront

FishWife

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new aquascape 10x better and it sounds like your corals will be much happier being placed at the right points in your tank. Good to see when a lot of work pays off, are the fishes going in soon?

I like the new aquascape 10x better and it sounds like your corals will be much happier being placed at the right points in your tank. Good to see when a lot of work pays off, are the fishes going in soon?

Thanks!

Right now, we have a Kole tank and a purple tang and a clown fish (maroon). Also a copperband in quarantine and hope to get two purple firefish and a midas blenny this coming weekend at BRK. So, yes!

never had a midas but I have a golden midas and I think the extra money is well spent on the "upgrade". Def the best looking fish in my tank and my favorite to watch.

never had a midas but I have a golden midas and I think the extra money is well spent on the "upgrade". Def the best looking fish in my tank and my favorite to watch.

We're definitely getting the golden midas--hopefully this weekend! Johnny at BRK expects one today! :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

WOW the tank is amazing!!! just beautiful! great job, loved looking through your story to see a beautiful ending.

Beautiful job!! Very creative using the eggcrate on the back of the tank like that. I might have to steal that idea. hehe..

(edited)

Thanks!

So, now we have put our "canopy" on... and are having issues with our support struts being overheated. It LOOKS great; everything's healthy and growing fast. :biggrin:

FullTank031608-2.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the frag tank, we battle cyano... Added six turbo snails and they are munching their way thru it. :clap:

Edited by FishWife

• 2 weeks later...

Got some new additions:

Full tank view; obviously new is the huge, gorgeous RBTA from Mr. Coral (thanks for the great deal, Sonny!) left of center in the rock (are we blessed by that placement or what?) that my Aunti bought me for my birthday on Monday night! Also, on the right side is the RBTA that we bought from Chip and have been nurturing in our frag tank (right of the orange monti cap). It went in on Monday night, too.

tank4-03-08.jpg

Here's a closeup of the birthday RBTA in the rock on the left side of the tank.

left4-02-08.jpg

and here it is close up, with clownfish in it:

GracieNem.jpg

Here's the right side with Chip's RBTA, nicely settled into the rock:

right4-02-08.jpg

Same side of the tank, but at an angle:

rightangle4-02-08.jpg

And, up close on Chip's RBTA:

chipNem.jpg

Our CBB went into the tank two weeks ago and is getting a little less shy:

Amber4-02-08.jpg

And, finally, in the center of the full tank picture above is the other birthday purchase: sun polyps

sunpolyps04-02-08.jpg

(edited)

I was going to ask the same thing, Niki. That's amazing that your clown took to it that fast! Looks like you need another clown for the other RBTA though. :biggrin:

Your tank looks incredible! Awesome job! :bb:

Have you noticed your CBB picking at any corals?

Edited by tbittner

Thanks for the kind encouragement... She was in it within 24 hours. She had hosted another RBTA that was too small and added too soon for our new system. We're much more stable now, and this RBTA is big enough (we hope! :rollface: ).

I'll wait for awhile for another clownfish! (Besides, don't they fight in one tank? If not, I'd get a black Percula.) Anyways...

Nope; our CBB is well behaved. BUT, she doesn't eat aptaisa either. :( We've had her since before Christmas. She had a fungal infection that took 6 weeks to clear up. QT is so important!

Thanks again for the kind comments!

That sun coral definitely looks like it needs some TLC. I feed mine cyclopeeze and its growing like crazy. Same thing with my Dentros and Duncans.

That sun coral definitely looks like it needs some TLC. I feed mine cyclopeeze and its growing like crazy. Same thing with my Dentros and Duncans.

Is it required to feed Duncans? Or can they live off of the lighting and feeding once and a while is okay

(edited)

Agreed. I found cyclop-eeze online; which kind is best to buy? Frozen? And, can I get it locally, like at my LFS typically?

Edited by FishWife

How's the BDRBTA doing now?

Spent most of yesterday hunkered down, but ok, I think. Today, in the dark, it's out full but looking a little "sparse". Probably just relaxed. We'll see what happens when the lights go on after 2:30PM. THANKS for asking!

(edited)

Meanwhile, I am so excited because we finally are having success with a blenny! I fell in love with the Midas blenny months ago. We tried to buy two; both died within three days, while other fish in the same tank lived! Well, we decided to try only ONE more time. Here's the happy fish after two full weeks in QT :clap:

th_HoneyDance.jpg

Also new and in QT from bluezoo GB last week: Melanurus Wrass:

JosephI-1.jpg

We call him "Joseph" because he has a coat of many colors! It's amazing to see him dive into the sand each night. He's also a teenager... doesn't emerge from the sand before 2 PM each day! LOL.

Edited by FishWife