RBTA

lletellier

Just got back from BRK where I picked up my RBTA. Its dripping right now but I have no idea how to attached it. Do I just hold it to a rock until it stays??

Lance

you can kind of place it in a good light moderate flow area (with the flow in the tank down real low untill attached). Problem is, if it doesn't like where it is, it will probably move to where it is happy.

motile invertebrate=goes where it finds happiness.

Here is some good reading:

http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf

In short, it is going to move where it wants. You can try placing it in a crevice in the rockwork where you would like it to be... doesn't mean that's where it is going to stay.

GL

Garrett.

motile invertebrate=goes where it finds happiness.

Here is some good reading:

http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf

In short, it is going to move where it wants. You can try placing it in a crevice in the rockwork where you would like it to be... doesn't mean that's where it is going to stay.

GL

Garrett.

The one I got with my rock wandered every inch of the tank - before deciding to park itself RIGHT under one of only two corals in the tank:

IMG_1384.jpg

I think they are perverse by nature.

bob

Edited by lanman

i sort of held my hand just high enough over it so the current didn't turn it over, just for a couple minutes until it started to connect to the rock.

I ended up just holding it by the rock with its foot on it and after about 15 seconds it connected. I had to turn off my powerhead to let it fully attach but then it was fine... hopefully it doesn't move and kill stuff.

Not a chance it will randomly kill "stuff", it will seek and destroy only your most precious and irreplaceable specimens.

what all will an anemone sting/kill? softies? mushrooms? I moved the more valuable items to the other side of the tank and my tank is divided so i'm hoping it will at least stay on its side. I'm going to watch it closely tomorrow when my lights come on to see where it goes. so far it hasn't moved from where it first attached, it would be awesome if it stayed there but i'm also not counting on it.

Not a chance it will randomly kill "stuff", it will seek and destroy only your most precious and irreplaceable specimens.

Don't let these people scare you. Mine moved a few inches on the same rock since I got it last week and is holding fast to where it is. If you gave it a spot it likes, it will stay in that area.

I would personally turn off your Tunze until it has stopped roaming around and found a place where it is happy. I've been down that road before, definitely not good for your system to have an anemone pureed into the water column. I remember my skimmer going nuts.

Post some pics when it finally finds its resting place.

I wonder if that's why mine hasn't wandered looking for a space; I had powerheads turned off for a couple hours shortly after I put the nem in because I was working on stuff.

Edited by treesprite

Mine connected where i wanted it to

dont you mean your condy did? I thought your ptbta (pt for pink tip?) was wandering all over the tank