Acrylic tank owners Qs?

six-line

Be careful using those red plastic scrapers.

when removing coralline it's the coralline that scratches not the plastic scraper neccessarily. ONce you scrape off the coralline it moves with the scraper until you lift off. If you don't lift off right away you will move the coralline with the blade and that is where most scratches come from during that proccess.

On the note of the vinegar, I think you would be better served with such a large application to either fill the tank with water and then let it sit with some Muiratic Acid (get at home depot) for a couple of days. Or if you want it to go faster just spray a dilluted bottle of acid and water. Melts off just like butter. Be very careful to do that in an open air environment.

Hopefully Jeff will answer with the exact products, but he recommended using 6000 grit I believe attached to your Magfloat. Said will elliminate the scratches in no time!

Hopefully Jeff will answer with the exact products, but he recommended using 6000 grit I believe attached to your Magfloat. Said will elliminate the scratches in no time!

Thanks for the reply Howard, I found my rainbow scratch removal kit when I was going through all my fish stuff yesterday, so I'm going to start with that but after a muriatic acid soak. I'll let all of you know how it turns out.

I have my acrylic tank from TruVu. I spoke to them about using their scratch remover. They said that the scratch remover is to be used on the outside of the tank only and not on the inside because the stuff is poisonous to all aquatics. If you have scratches on the inside of your tank, there might not be much that you can do about it. If your stuff works and your fish inhabitants are fine after using the stuff, let me know.

James

I'd be interested in hearing more details about this. Given the Magfloat part I'm assuming this works while the tank is full with fish. I have a few annoying scratches I'd like to get rid of. They are annoying but not to the point where I'd break down my tank to get rid of them...