reefhunter

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Updated pictures of my reef.

Current issues: Ebli Angel and Red Bugs. I am getting ready to treat with interceptor... I am hesitant because I dont want to murder my shrimp... but they just dont cooperate with getting into a net as of now.

gallery_1725_4_284157.jpg

gallery_1725_7_440811.jpg

gallery_1725_3_210891.jpg

gallery_1725_3_631865.jpg

Edited by reefhunter

No they wont even look at it. I used to have a red naked clown that hosted in it but he kept biting me so I caught him and donated him to school tanks.

No they wont even look at it. I used to have a red naked clown that hosted in it but he kept biting me so I caught him and donated him to school tanks.

He's now got a girlfriend that's a big tomato clown... he spent the summer in my frag tray and then a sump with a bunch of other fish, now he's in a 29 in a 5th grade classroom. I need to get the teacher signed on and get a thread started for her. Did a lot of work on the tank itself to get it up and running properly this year so that he could go to school and bite the kids instead of me!

I got that from Chris Tran and it got attacked by the fish I am getting rid of this weekend... was my favorite coral... I hope I can save it. I believe it is the Efflo 500... could be wrong though.

• 3 months later...

Mogul xm 10k. two are 250 watt and two are 175 watt. I just ordered 4 ice cap pendants and 4 new ice cap 250 ballasts and will be running 4 250 watt SE halides... two XM brand and I am going to try the ICE CAP bulbs on the other two....

Thanks for the information. Your tank was mentioned in another thread concerning UV. It looks like the bulbs you use have UV protection built in.

Bruce

Mogul xm 10k. two are 250 watt and two are 175 watt. I just ordered 4 ice cap pendants and 4 new ice cap 250 ballasts and will be running 4 250 watt SE halides... two XM brand and I am going to try the ICE CAP bulbs on the other two....

the tank is stunning, i love the sailfin, and I see you needed to move the frag rack to the glass to make some room. The 500$ eflo is nice I want one eventually.

i have something similiar and the way its growing i could have frags in 6 months or so

(edited)

all four channels are programable but it works like this:

Pick Pump (pick pump 1, 2, 3 or 4 to program)

Set Interval Time (So you can set it to 24 hours and it will dose 1x per day or 12 hours for 2x day and so on)

Set Dosing Time (this is the amount of time every interval it doses)

Thats it. Unfortunately I dont think you can set it so the pumps start at different times. I think if you program them to dose one time per day they all dose at the same time. If anyone knows how to make them start at different times LMK.

I sent aquamedic a beat up old one and they gave me a good deal on this new quad doser ($300)... if I was going to buy a $500 dosing pump I would have bought another brand...

Edited by reefhunter

Thanks! I've got to find some of that and if the purple grows like that as well I'm gonna have to find that too. Awesome corals!!!!