discretekarma's 180 thread

I've finally found a few minutes to take some pictures of my 180 and my 15 gallon frag tank. I wasn't able to get close ups or any great pictures though because my camera that I was using isn't that good. I sold my good one. It's nothing too amazing or exciting but it's what I've got so far. I hope you enjoy.

180 drilled Oceanic Tank

ASM G3 w/ gate valve mod and recirc mod

5 stage Filter Guys RO/DI w/ DIY Auto Top Off

2 x 400w 10k XM Metal Halide

2 x VHO Actinic

3/4" Sea Swirl

2 x Koralia 4's

Clown Tang

Yellow Tang

Blue Hippo Tang

Niger Trigger

Purple Queen Anthia

Royal Gramma

Pink and Blue Goby

Lawnmower Blenny

Pajama Cardinal

4 x Green Chromis

2 x Tomato Clowns

15 gallon drilled

150w Coralife Metal Halide fixture

Koralia Nano

Black and White Ocellaris Clown

Orange Ocellaris Clown

Before Painting

DSC00871.jpg

Empty

IMG_1691.jpg

Before Aquascaping

IMG_1755.jpg

After Aquascaping

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

15 Gallon Frag Tank (Notice the new clowns)

IMG_3071.jpg

Edited by discretekarma

The Clown Tang is great. I think he's my favorite.

I bought him from Tgallo (Tony). He's very healthy looking and a great eater.

I wouldn't say he's aggressive but very outgoing. He bumped my Yellow Tang around a little bit at first but now he swins back and forth up and down the tank all day and night. He's very fun to watch.

how is the clown tang. aggression and health?

The Clown Tang is great. I think he's my favorite.

I bought him from Tgallo (Tony). He's very healthy looking and a great eater.

I wouldn't say he's aggressive but very outgoing. He bumped my Yellow Tang around a little bit at first but now he swins back and forth up and down the tank all day and night. He's very fun to watch.

where can you get a clown Tang? I wonder if BRK can get them....

(edited)

where can you get a clown Tang? I wonder if BRK can get them....

I would always recommend going to BRK before ordering online but in case BRK doesn't have any, saltwaterfish.com has them in stock for $29.99. I've ordered from them several times and had great experiences. I'd still go through BRK first though since Johnny is a great guy and BRK is a great place.

Looking AWESOME!!! :scuba:

Thanks

Edited by discretekarma

i would recommend you do some research on them first as they get very large and are apt to aggression like the sohal tang

i would recommend you do some research on them first as they get very large and are apt to aggression like the sohal tang

yeah I was reading about that just now, but it should be fine in a 180 for several years... I'm starting to build a fish list for the 180 I have going...

Good Job; looks great

Thanks. I'm very happy that I went with the 400w XM's. I was a little worried about heat since so many people said I'd have problems but I haven't gone over 80 yet. (knock on wood)

Thanks

finally got your halides figured out I see, looks good

Is it noticable to the eye when actinics need to be replaced? My tank doesn't seem to have as much blue as it used to. I know the MH's helped make it that way but I wondering how I know when to replace my actinincs.

I have the two different clowns in my 15 gallon frag tank. Some how the Black Ocellaris must have heard that all drains lead to the ocean because he keeps jumping in the PVC elboww that I have for the over flows and taking a ride down to the sump. It's too funny but I'm affraid that something will happen to him. I really need to put some of that rolled up gutter guard like Davelin recommends or some type of routed pvc. I just thought I'd share this funny story.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some updated pictures of my frag tank. I added two pieces of shelf rock and drilled them for frag plugs. I basically just made my own frag stations. Before and After.

Before

IMG_3071.jpg

After

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

Edited by discretekarma

• 1 month later...