Best salt to purchase locally

Guest Ocean Arcade

Great that was perfect, but are there any good LFS, I live near Centreville Aquarium, and know of the two big stores, Petco and Petsmart I used to go to this one in Leesburg, but I heard they shutdown are there others around?

Closest to your Centreville, VA area will be Blue Ribbon Koi then Marine Scene, then Fins and Feathers.

Jeff,

Blue Ribbon Koi has a pallet sale on Instant Ocean right now. Check out the vendor forum for details. I live near BRK and work near Bailey's Crossroads so I could pick up and deliver if you make payment arrangments with Johnny.

Well Centreville Aquariums is close by my house and there prices are about normal if you had to order the items online. But in the end Im a firm believer of customer service, and how comfortable I feel when looking around or asking questions.

QUOTE (reefmontalvo @ Nov 13 2007, 12:58 PM) <a href="http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=155291" target="_blank"></a>

I was just wondering can anybody break down the acronyms. I have no clue what BRK is or MARU. I mean I thought this forum was to help others find out where and what there called. :idea:

BRK = Blue Ribbon Koi, store located in/around Manassas

MARU = MARU, store located in Fredericksburg, VA

HTH - hope that helps

Garrett.

G = Garrett

Hey man, i work at maru. I've been there for 2 years and I haven't seen you in there before. I'm not saying we are f'burg's BRK by any means but you should check us out if you haven't been in recently. We've cleaned up a little bit in the past months. There is still much more I think we can do with our coral section (we have lots of leathers) but we're getting better. Also about 2 years ago the ownership changed. The new owner is usually willing to work with people. Another employee and I would like to set up our own SPS frag tank there maybe sometime in the future. I don't blame you for thinking that some stuff is maybe a bit on the pricey side, but we also have really good deals sometimes. I just figured since there isn't much on the forums about Maru so I would put in my 2 cents. Sorry to call you out.

What/where is MARU ??

bob

www.drsfostersmith.com

160g buckets for $29.49

If you are that new, then you probably aren't buried under old salt buckets yet.

I like delivery. Saves me throwing my back out lugging it across two parking lots and down a couple flights of stairs, me spending $$ on gas, and throwing more CO2 into the air along the way. The delivery charges arent too bad, and the salt is right at your door.

You can also get delivery from TFP (That Fish Place) which also sometimes calls itself That Pet Place.

The Atlanta Aquarium uses IO - but that's probably in part because no other mfr can crank out the railroad cars they needed.

I just checked - DFS charges 12.99 to ship 4 buckets from Wisconsin and TFP charges 30.99 to ship four buckets from Lancaster PA.

Edited by ArtC

What/where is MARU ??

bob

Maru Pets in Fredericksburg, VA. Saltwater fish store.