Closest Place To Buy Acrylic Sheets In NOVA

bbyatv

Can anyone tell me the best/closest place to buy acrylic sheet in Northern VA? I would like to find some in black if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Bruce

Piedmont Plastics in Greenbelt is the only place I've found. Call ahead with your order to make sure they have it - and if you can't haul a 4x8 sheet they can cut it down for you with about a day's notice.

There's a place in Rockville that used to be called Reed Plastics but I think they might have changed their name. I haven't been there in a while, I think it's on Parklawn Lane between Randolph Rd and Twinbrook Pkwy in a pretty obscure brick building with a rear entrance. There has got to be a place in NoVa the VA members should know about.

Wreck

There's a place in Rockville that used to be called Reed Plastics but I think they might have changed their name. I haven't been there in a while, I think it's on Parklawn Lane between Randolph Rd and Twinbrook Pkwy in a pretty obscure brick building with a rear entrance. There has got to be a place in NoVa the VA members should know about.

Wreck

There used to be a place in Alexandria but they closed. I think I remember seeing places in Richmond and Winchester.

Acme Plastics on General Washington Dr off Edsall Rd, behind Marlos.

Have you been there lately? I called and the voicemail says they packed up and went back to Jersey.

Acme Plastics is closed. There is a place over in the city of fairfax acroos the street from fairfax high called Circle Glass they have 1/4" in stock and can get anything you need!! I recommend them they just cut some for me for my new sump!!

Acme Plastics is closed. There is a place over in the city of fairfax acroos the street from fairfax high called Circle Glass they have 1/4" in stock and can get anything you need!! I recommend them they just cut some for me for my new sump!!

Do you know if they sell scrap by the pound?

I went to the Piedmont Plastics web site...and there were like 20+ differenty types of acrylic.

What is the specific type of acrylic I should look for when building baffles for a sump?

(btw, I went to Home Depot, and they had only the 1/16" very thin plastic that I would never use for anything)

Edited by Carl

Both HD and Lowe's should carry 1/4" acrylic in addition to the very thin (1/16"?) stuff. At least, mine do. That's how I built the baffles for my sump recently.

If someone wants acrylic by the pound I have that or if they want a specific size cut I can do that as well.

In addition if you tell me what it's for I can perhaps put a jointed edge on it for you.

Now to get it to you. ......................I can meet you at a meeting perhaps or if you want to go to Beltsville you can meet me there. BTW; Piedmont is on the northern side of Beltsville about a mile up from md. rte. 212. I am about a mile south of md. rte. 212 during some days of the week.

I have enough scrap to give anyone whatever they want. Any color, any size just about.

I have enough scrap to give anyone whatever they want. Any color, any size just about.

That would be GREAT!!

I'm looking to add some baffles into my sump for my 75 display.

And I'm going to the Nov meeting!!

-Carl