Crazy road trip?

Bob

I have been thinking about a weekday trip to Dr. Macs on the Eastern Shore. Ive been off for the summer because of back surgery and now can drive! I figured going during the week would avoid a whole lot of traffic. Anybody interested in going? Willing to drive, share driving, expenses etc. But mostly would like the company. Totally open on day etc however thinking of leaving early AM and returning mid PM.....Mostly to avoid rush hour traffic around DC area> Any interest? Thanx. Bob

Perhaps we should refer Bob to the Bob & Dave thread to give the Bob team an extra point.

Who/what is Dr. Mac?

Wow, my aunt lives in Stevensville and even that's too far for me to go on any regular basis. Looks like about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs from DC. Looks like a pretty cool place though. And 10% discount with free lunch for club trips:

"We also offer a program for Reef Clubs to come for a day and enjoy lunch on us and a 10% discount for the club members on corals, clams, and fish (sale items excluded)."

I guess it isn't really that much farther from me than BRK ... :lol2:

~Brian

wow, I looked at the site. I would love to see this place.

Perhaps we should refer Bob to the Bob & Dave thread to give the Bob team an extra point.

Who/what is Dr. Mac?

Ugh,

I remember a time, a long time ago, when Dr. Mac came to every WAMAS meeting and sold coral, he would even trade with us. Now he is too big to get bogged down with us. I've heard that there was a time that you bought rock from him, he would meet you half way.

Bob (not you Bob, the Bob that started this)

When things open up a bit after my vacation, about 2 weeks, I would not mind taking the trip.

Phil

Sorry guys. Jumped the gun. It was a great day to drive on Sat and took the trip. Loved the operation in principle and what they do. I was a little disappointed in the stock; Quantity and Quality and Prices. I did buy an overpriced softie and a new Hippo tang. Its a shame I couldn't buy a bucket of salt that I needed. I can now say "been there, done that".