Fun, fun

gastone

I was out of town this weekend.  (We already know where this one is going....)  I came home to a tank void of water.  That is not entirely true... there was about 3 inches at the bottom.  Any frags at the bottom of the tank are somewhat alive... in the ICU.  There was one fish survivor and somehow my RBTA is alive for the moment.  All invertebrates perished.

Sorry to hear about that Garret.  I know it is one of the first things I check when I get home... often with one eye closed as I get closer.  Do you know what happened?  ie. cracked tank, leaking corner seal?

Garrett,

That is awful, I am very sorry.  I have had some problems as well, but nothing like this.  As Dave asked, do you know what happened?

When you are ready let me know, I will help you out as much as I can.

Thanks guys... it was soley my fault.  I had a leaky seal that I had halfway repaired.  I was planning on taking care of it this weekend coming up.  The loses were substantial, but not total.  I had a frogspawn about the size of a basketball that didn't make it and my SPS, including a beautiful little pocillopora colony that I got from Don Bui, all perished as well.  I have 4 smaller frogspawn colonies that look like they will pull through as well as two fungias, a scolymia, a bubble coral and my RBTA.  Of course repairing the tank comes first.  

No saving graces, but I will be able to set things up a little better this time around.  I'm not sure how long my live rock sat out of water.   I've got it in a tub of NSW that I had mixed up.  I'll throw my skimmer on it and treat it as rock that's been shipped and needs to be cured.  

Thanks guys.

Garrett.

Guest Tmtplyb

Garrett,

I still have a frag from the Pocillopora colony. You are welcome to stop by and pick it up.  Sorry to heard about your tank.

Don