Spring meeting comments

YBeNormal

Thanks to all of the club officers, volunteers, speakers and vendors for yet another fantastic WAMAS meeting! The facility was excellent and everything went off without a hitch. OK, there were a few painful moments when the sound system went into screech mode, but we'll let that slide. ;)

The raffle items donated by our vendors were outstanding (thanks Dan for the Kalk stirrer!) and it was great to meet some of the newer members. All in all, I'd say this meeting was a total success and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Edited by YBeNormal

Agreed, it was a good time. LOTS AND LOTS of new faces. Man oh man. I gotta say though, Meetings are not good places to meet people. I just spent all of my time rushing around trying to get my trades done during breaks and buying raffle tickets and and and...

Looking forward to the tank tours and the socials... :)

yea i know what you mean. but it was a little better than normal with the name tags so that wasnt bad. hopefully alot of folks come to the brk social. i have already begun more frag talks :biggrin:

Name tags are a PLUS, IMO....

the lectures were wonderful.... and now that I am 'armed' with knowledge about the 'old tank' syndrome.... so many facts that I have a headache with 'information overload' :biggrin:

and the raffles were alot of FUN!!! :cheers: 2 thumbs UP for the meeting!!! well, worth my 2 hours of driving to get there... and getting lost on my way home.... LOL

Edited by Mystical Lady

I'd like to add my amen to the thanks going out to club officers, organizers, speakers, volunteers, etc.

I agree that it would be good to have more socializing time. Two speakers is a bit much. However, the quality of the speakers was so good, that I did not mind. Copps and Sprung were fantastic.

If we do have two speakers in the future, it might be good to have one of them be a bit shorter, to give members some time to interact with the speaker and with each other. Fragging workshops or other kinds of demonstrations would be cool too. I really look forward to future meetings. Thanks again to the folks who give their time and energy to this club.

As a newbie to WAMAS and my first meeting, I want to thank the officers, the speakers, and all of the members that participated in making this such a successful event. The facility was excellent and the speakers were awesome. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting a face to the "Screen Name". I had a great time and look forward to the next meeting.

Thanks to all who came out! Also as always thanks to officers who work so hard to make the club run... in particular Howard who worked so hard working the door alone he missed my talk. He's handles all the membership and is a victim of the success and growth of WAMAS! Nice to see so many new members... :)

Thanks to all who came out! Also as always thanks to officers who work so hard to make the club run... in particular Howard who worked so hard working the door alone he missed my talk. He's handles all the membership and is a victim of the success and growth of WAMAS! Nice to see so many new members... :)

Copps,

You should change your title of the presentation you gave from "Rare Angelfish" to "Rare Angelfish that you can never afford"...

Good job man!

This was my first metting and i had a great time i got a bunch of new corals and learned a bunch about angelfish cant wait for the next one. Great Job

... in particular Howard who worked so hard working the door alone he missed my talk. He's handles all the membership and is a victim of the success and growth of WAMAS!

:cry:

WANTED:

Anyone who has an idea that the Officers can actually participate and WATCH what we have done over the last 3 months!! :lol2:

FWIW: The Officers and Committees have been working for the last month on the SUMMER Meeting, let alone the recently finished SPRING Meeting and the almost completed NADC Equipment approvals!

...stay tuned, if we don't collapse or loose our jobs, ALOT more fun stuff ahead!!!!

:cheers:

Copps,

You should change your title of the presentation you gave from "Rare Angelfish" to "Rare Angelfish that you can never afford"...

Good job man!

Thanks bud... it's all relative... I've seen old frat buddies blow what I spend on some of my angelfish in one weekend in Vegas or on a weekend at the bars... If you keep some of these angels well they could live over 25 years. The enjoyment I get from them more than makes up for the price, although don't get me wrong even I have limits on what I'd spend and most are way out of my range. We all know being a young adult with a family living in Northern Virginia is not cheap, so it makes me appreciate them that much more... :)

Thanks again all... it really was a pleasure to have people enjoy what I had to say. I've had much of that info stuck in my head for years and it was nice to share it. If anyone ever has any questions feel free to PM me.

John

I agree John, it's all about having your priorities straight ;)

The only thing I don't like about the meetings is that I can never seem to find enough time to talk to everybody that I would like to other than just a quick hello. I guess thats why we have socials among other things. I have personally met so many awesome people in the club simply by volenteering a little time, I encourage others to do so as well especially as we keep growing.

:cry:

WANTED:

Anyone who has an idea that the Officers can actually participate and WATCH what we have done over the last 3 months!! :lol2:

heck, I would watch the door for a few free frags * bribing smiles*

:bb:

heck, I would watch the door for a few free frags * bribing smiles*

WEAR WHERE YOU AT THE END?

I gave a bunch away! :lol2:

well i volunteered at the spring meeting but everyone was so efficient by the time i got there everything was done that i could help with. but i enjoyed myself. also i loved the talk on angels as they are my favs. i just lost my coral beauty which was very painful but if johnny could ever get my g. watanabei angels i will be adding them and then all i will need is several thousand to catch up with copps

Volunteers need to be there early... :) :) (actually I was running late on this one).

Thanks for all that helped.

I agree with the comments, I wish we had more time to socialize and spent a little less time on speakers (or had a longer overall meeting (of course my day was really long 11:30AM left home... arrived last night at 9:30PM... driving -> setup -> meeting -> breakdown -> dinner -> driving -> home)...

Dave

Thanks everybody who made the meeting happened - everybody enjoyed it alot, spirit was great and talks are wonderful.

Wish I could help with setting - up and cleaning - maybe next time :)

Not a peppermint... but I'll give you another guess (hint: it was the fish I'd love to have I talked about at the end... the species that was my "hook" for years...)... :)

Regal Angel, yellow variant but, can't remember what that is called when it happens in nature? Good thing we got it on tape :biggrin: Someone better go load it on youtube!

Frighteningly enough... I remembered. :eek:

Anyone ever play "Star Control II" ? The "Xanthic" worlds were yellow.