Auto Feeder Recommendations

Alok

In anticipation of my first vacation since getting my aquarium up, I need to get an automatic feeder for my 190 gallon tank by the end of the month. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Alok

I bought a cheap one and the food clumped up inside. Save your money and get a Eheim. Its got an automatic fan that keeps the food inside dry. Its on the expensive side, but well worth it.

You might want to consider a tank sitter. Have someone check on the tank once a day and feed the required amount. Neighbors and friends tend to overfeed, but there are probably several WAMAS members that would help.

I bought a Penn Plax Auto fish feeder in anticipation of last Springs vacation, then I realized "Who is going to do my water top offs and check on emergency floodings etc?" So I went to Arby's and aquired 10 of those little white ketchup & sauce (with the clerks permission) containers. I filled each with enough food for each feeding and had a family member come by each day to feed and eyeball that all is well. It made the vacation less worrying.

The feeder is unopened if you'd like it. PM me with your address if you desire.

Bill

I'll 3rd the tanksitter vs. the auto feeder. If I'm away for 3 days or less I just leave the actinics on 24/7 and don't bother feeding. My fish are fat and have some reserves.