Who's going to the Spring Meeting?

trble81

Would someone PLEASE put out special nametags or stickers for the noobs and first-time meeting attendees? I brought my family to the first meeting I attended and no one bothered to introduce themselves. We left early thinking the WAMAS group was a bunch of snobs. I stuck around and now know that this is not true but I've heard similar comments from others over the past year. All we need is a sticker - "HI! I'm New!" or "Hello! This is my first meeting!"

Hi bob,

Thanks for volunteering to work the door and welcome people to the meeting. ;)

Guest Dr.FuManchu

Im planning on attending. My first meeting was at the natl Aquarium. Im probably bringing some Zoas/shrooms/Flourescent green sinularia to trade. :bounce:

I'll be there.

I'll be there. Wearing something with Wake Forest on it, hopefully with Demon Deacons in large print, to serve as my nametag/identifier. :)

I will not be there :(

I will be on a weekend bender :biggrin:

:cheers: :drink: :cheers:

Hope Copps won't bore you too much with his fish talk........

Wow Rik... you need it... it's been a while since you got blitzed... :eek:

I'm sure my talk would sound better coming from your mouth and your half British/half Maryland accent... :wink:

To all the new members welcome! Julian is a great speaker and his topic (Old tank Syndrome) is a very common thing and something we all need to avoid for long term success.

Hopefully my talk will be interesting to newbies and experienced alike... The only person I don't see liking it is Leishman, but wherever he's at he won't be hearing much anyway... :cheers:

Also, Raf started a "Who are you?" thread so we could post pictures of us so we could recognize who's who...

Copps

i agree that there should be more of an effort. it seems the only way to meet ppl is buying or selling stuff. the only people i met were from the auction in december and people i have bought stuff from.

i agree that there should be more of an effort. it seems the only way to meet ppl is buying or selling stuff. the only people i met were from the auction in december and people i have bought stuff from.

You did not buy anything from me, as a poor student you got stuff for free :wink:

Edited by dzekunoi

thats true and a lot of folks were nice and helped me but i think its a bit intimidating to have to reach out to strangers even in a community as friendly as this one. and when my corals grow i will be looking out for those who helped me when i was starting and also giving free corals to other struggling aquarists. as it should be. but i feel alot better knowing the faces of some of the ppl i talk to on here.

nothing wrong with being a poor student. Just means you're trying to better yourself. Unfortunately it does lead to a crunch in you reef budget. :(

Hi bob,

Thanks for volunteering to work the door and welcome people to the meeting. ;)

Figures... I help set up, break down, run speaker wires, take out the trash and even bag frags during the fragging workshop. Now you want me to work admissions and play WAMAS greater as well? This gig doesn't pay near enough! :lol:

I'm going to try and make it. It really depends on how the well or bad (half full...half empty) the previous night goes :cheers: :drink:

If I make it, I do have a home made 20L sump and 600gph overflow that I could sell or trade.

I will also be making my first appearance :gho:

I am planning on being there. My first meeting was also at the National Aquarium. I plan to start filling my 75 gallon tank this weekend. Hopefully I will be ready to buy a clean up crew by the next meeting.

Aaron :gho:

Hopefully, this snow won't keep me from going.... I live 2 hours away... so I will have to see what the roads look like come Sunday........

We do....

gallery_868_102_302733.jpg

:wink:

The nooB hat should have a nano tank with 3 tangs in it.

Im a newbie but Ill definitely be there to get freebie to start my tank :D I might have to put a "bk_market" sticker on my shirt though. One noob question though " Are all Zoa Coral poison?"

Hung (i'm vietnamese so probably very easy to spot me)