Aquarium Center

Norboo

Aquarium Center

Good prices on tanks but as for the rest...two thumbs down. Save yourself the trouble and go to Exotic Aquatics which is only 15 mintes away.

you say two thumbs down

is it because livestock quality? livestock selection? customer assistance? store accesability? livestock prices?

I was there for about 20 minutes and was asked if I needed help 4 to 5 times

• 4 weeks later...

I agree, they have a great selection of dry goods and fantastic prices on tanks. But their livestock selection is sub par. The quality is hit and miss. I haven't been there in 6 months or so but I usually include it in my tour of LFS when I head out Baltimore way, which is less and less now since decent LFSs have popped up in the Rockville area near work.

A thread on CMAS says AC closed and is going to be reopening next week as AD (Aquarium Depot).

I used to go to AC (bought my current 220h there) and at one point in the early 90's it was a great place to ride to and they were instrumental in helping us get CMAS founded and started.

I will always remember and appreciate that and wish them nothing but the best.

Right away you should tell us what is wrong. not just 2 thumbs down. Not very helpful. I have been going there since 1986 and only had a problem once with customer service.

And what do you mean by only 15 minutes away? Away from what? That store, your house?

I live in Dale City and have not heard of Exotic Aquatics.

Thanks.

Ingo

I live in Dale City and have not heard of Exotic Aquatics.

Thanks.

Ingo

Exotic Aquatics is about 15 min from Aquarium Center. It's a pretty

decent SW LFS. I usualy stop by there on my way to That Fish Place also.

tim

I have been going to Aquarium Center for more than 10 years. I purchased my 220g tank and stand there. The salt less expensive than many other places, the fish selection has been reasonable, but the corals are unhealthy and very expensive. Many corals die there and I have rarely bought them.

Help save the reefs! Grow your own and trade with others.

Aquarium Center has been on the decline for a number of years now. The current owner must have lost interest, or drive. Something of the sort. It is being bought by one of the dry goods managers ( Mike Anderson I believe), anyway, mike has been trying to get Rich to sell him the store for a number of years. Apparently they have finally come to an agreement. If you went into the store this past week, they are clearing many items out due to a few renovations. The store closed at the end of business today (friday) and will reopen on Monday. The store will now be called Aquarium depot. I wish them the best of luck. Running a business such as that is a hard thing to do.

Exotic Aquatics is located in Parkville, MD about 30 mins from Aquarium Center in Randallstown, MD. The store owner, Phil, is a good guy, he just sponsored our CMAS Fragfest two weeks ago. Some very quality corals and livestock are to be had there. Certainly worth the visit more than once!

-Jess

Guest Arlo

Aquarium Center

Good prices on tanks but as for the rest...two thumbs down. Save yourself the trouble and go to Exotic Aquatics which is only 15 mintes away.

Awesome Selection of Dry Goods.... and they carry the areas largest collection of Dart Frogs....

ps. I hate your "reviews"

yet another uncalled for comment from Arlo. Do you have cabin fever today or something? What is up with all the negativity? I know you are new to this club, I for one would like to say that we as a group frown upon comments like yours.

Awesome Selection of Dry Goods.... and they carry the areas largest collection of Dart Frogs....

Jeez, get a beer!

And stop creating yourself a bad reputation.

Guest seantadez

Glad to know this is not personal... i was thinking this is just with me.

btw it's the link working???

Edited by seantadez

Guest Arlo

Glad to know this is not personal... i was thinking this is just with me.

btw it's the link working???

It was nothing against him and i didn't attack him personally(or his name). But if you are writing a review i think it should be more than one sentence with no examples. I personally think all the stores in the area have things they do well and things they don't. If this is a forum to help people with their aquariums and to further the hobby(which i love and is my passion) then it should be fun and unbiased. Im just really tired of the negativity i am seing more and more lately on this board and its really getting to me. I dont talk behind anyones back on the board even though it has been hapening to me.

Have a good day

Arlo

It was nothing against him and i didn't attack him personally(or his name). But if you are writing a review i think it should be more than one sentence with no examples. I personally think all the stores in the area have things they do well and things they don't. If this is a forum to help people with their aquariums and to further the hobby(which i love and is my passion) then it should be fun and unbiased. Im just really tired of the negativity i am seing more and more lately on this board and its really getting to me. I dont talk behind anyones back on the board even though it has been hapening to me.

Have a good day

Arlo

?