Intro to Reefkeeping 2

dhoch

I gotta drop out of this one........ :cry:

I am having several corals delivered Saturday and don't want them sitting on the doorstep in the cold.

sorry :(

Jan

Edited by Mystical Lady

Guest Gerry E

After the success of Intro to reefkeeping 1 back a couple of months ago. We have found a time for Intro to reefkeeping 2.

Saturday Feb 10th From 2-6PM

at Eve place:

18924 Lindenhouse Road

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

It's open to everyone who would like to come, but we would like people to RSVP here so we can get a sense of how many people are going to be there.

We need experts & beginners.

If you have things that you would like to see examples of, experiments done, or topics to discuss please post them here as well.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Dave

Dave,

I'll be there. Let me know if you"d like me to bring anything.

Gerry

I plan on being at the meeting. As a discussion topic,

1. I would like someone to discuss the relationship between Alk, calcium, and ph.

2. Recommend the best way to maintain these levels DIY vs the purchase of equipment such as a Kal reactor or calcium reactor.

After the success of Intro to reefkeeping 1 back a couple of months ago. We have found a time for Intro to reefkeeping 2.

at Eve place:

18924 Lindenhouse Road

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

It's open to everyone who would like to come, but we would like people to RSVP here so we can get a sense of how many people are going to be there.

If you have things that you would like to see examples of, experiments done, or topics to discuss please post them here as well.

Dave

I have never been to any meetings and I unfortunately have misplaced my membership card, would I still be able to attend? I am not very knowledgeable and wouldnt have much input but would love to meet the folks I talk to and read about on the forum.

Eric (elm66), rmoyer001, Alok, Gerry (Gerry E), papbear

Added to the list (papabear you do not need your membership card)... I'll try to remember to bring some.

Dave

It looks like I can make it!

Should I bring anything?

'Ric

Guest Lemonhead

Hello, I am new to the group and would like to come to the meeting. Thanks

at Eve place:

18924 Lindenhouse Road

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Dave

Lemonhead... I would say come... this is really geared for beginners to get there questions answered.

Dave

Hello, I am new to the group and would like to come to the meeting. Thanks

Thank you Eve, and everyone else, for a wonderful time and great info!

Guest seantadez

yes thank you so much for that nice meeting, was too bad i was no able to be there until finish and test my water..

• 6 months later...

I vote for it too, but Please someone in my area host it!

Wow didn't know something like this was taking place... thsi seems like it would be a great experience for everyone... dude count me in!

what I'd also like, after I've successfully (hopefully) managed to have thngs large enough to frag, that someone would host a hands-on fragging kind of educational thing, where we can bring our own corals that are all ready for it.

what I'd also like, after I've successfully (hopefully) managed to have thngs large enough to frag, that someone would host a hands-on fragging kind of educational thing, where we can bring our own corals that are all ready for it.

Keep in mind that this fall's meeting is our annual frag workshop, where you can do all that and more. Details TBA very soon.

I caught the tail end of the first one but was out of town for the second. They're definitely full of useful info, though sometimes hard to follow for a complete newbie (I hadn't even bought a tank yet when I went, and had just joined the wamas forums the week before, I think.)

I could volunteer my place depending on the weekend. I'm in Annandale, between Wally's and SuperPets, so the Marylanders might not like that.

My tank has no whiz-bang stuff, as my tank is still pretty new, though, so maybe it's best to have it at someone's place who has a lot of equipment set up to talk about. But I'm still willing to host; it'd be a great opportunity to get recommendations on how to make my tank better!!

Keep in mind that this fall's meeting is our annual frag workshop, where you can do all that and more. Details TBA very soon.

oh was not aware of it

Hehehe... drop by my house - I frag anything that doesn't move too fast. Cat runs when I pick up my dremel. Or Grav - he taught me the basics - although I still haven't actually carved a slot in a rock to insert a monti-cap frag like he did.

e8182218.jpg

My next major fragging target. I've been trying to plan this cut for a while. I want about a 4x4" section for my main tank, and the rest frags. But it's on a big, thick rock - which also includes a little green pocillopora colony, and some nice GSP. Promises to be 'challenging'.

e8182176.jpg

bob