Intro to Reefkeeping 2

dhoch

After the success of Intro to reefkeeping 1 back a couple of months ago. We have found a time for Intro to reefkeeping 2.

Saturday Feb 10th From 2-6PM

at Eve place:

18924 Lindenhouse Road

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

It's open to everyone who would like to come, but we would like people to RSVP here so we can get a sense of how many people are going to be there.

We need experts & beginners.

If you have things that you would like to see examples of, experiments done, or topics to discuss please post them here as well.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Dave

I've already scheduled an event that weekend in Harrisburg.

...here I go, always missing the fun stuff!! :wink:

Guest Bethesda_Jim

I didn't make the first one. Can I come to ReefKeeping redeux? If so, I am there snow or no snow.

Bethesda_Jim

Troll, typically it's a question and answer... hey that's a great point does anyone know sign language?

Dave

Troll, typically it's a question and answer... hey that's a great point does anyone know sign language?

Dave

Ahh ok :) If no one knows sign language then that's ok. I'm still not sure if I'll come by, I have to watch my daughter till wife gets home or have babysitter.

If I happen to decide to come then I'll just hang around. Or maybe a very patient member with fast typing skill and laptop will be sufficent. I'll hold all of my questions till the end so that way I don't make everyone wait for my questions as I type them out.

Again, still unsure about attendance- perhaps, a few frags would serve as great incentive :lol2:

Edited by TROLL

I'm in! Snow or no snow, I'll just bring a mug of hot chocolate to drink while I slog through the snow on foot or by sled! Anyone have skis I can borrow? Hmmm...or acrylic snowshoes? Thanks, Eve, ahead of time for doing this!

Sounds interesting! Will there be a powerpoint presentation? :)

Should I bring the whiteboard, if I promise not to talk about color temperature?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vatbrew

Hi, I'm a new member as of today. My name is Todd and I live in Fredericksburg, VA. I should be able to come, anyone down my way want to carpool?

Guest tgallo

wont miss it,you guys and gals keep eve busy while i sneak around to the back of the tank for some frags.

I was thinking, any way we can set up a water testing station there? I would love to get some readings by others on my water parameters, and I think as part of an 'intro to reefkeeping' it would be nice to let people see how we use the test kits in case some people are using them improperly.

Just a thought.

Tim,

Somewhere (the thread in the members section maybe?) I said I would bring the test kits so bring water :)

Dave

John you have been added to the list.

Dave

Tim,

Somewhere (the thread in the members section maybe?) I said I would bring the test kits so bring water :)

Dave

John you have been added to the list.

Dave

The previous one was interesting and planning to attend it.

Eric

Can I tentatively say I'll be there? I'd really like to (and hope to), but my schedule tends to be erratic :-(

My wife and I will be there. However we might have to leave early. I am interesting in a discussion or demonstration on sump/refugiums. How to build one, how to plumb one, how to stock one, size, and the like. Also I have been doing research on the true plenum system and have wondered if anyone has attempted the raised plenum in their sump/refugium. I would very much like to learn more about these topics, Thank You.

Edited by wailingspike