I'm am Bringing this Acan Home!!!

Gadgets

What do u think? I think it is a Rainbow acan. It's under PCs now, but once I put it under 20k MH it should shine like a star. :wink:

CHR_1855web.jpg

CHR_185web.jpg

And hopefully some of this Micro.

CHR_1859.jpg

I am by no means bragging. I just wanted to show you guys what i am getting from the LFS.

I wasn't being serious about you being a braggart. Every thing in your tank just looks soooo freaking awsome. And the work you do for others is equally as awsome!

What do u think? I think it is a Rainbow acan. It's under PCs now, but once I put it under 20k MH it should shine like a star. :wink:

CHR_1855web.jpg

CHR_185web.jpg

And hopefully some of this Micro.

CHR_1859.jpg

Those are X-Mas Presents right???

3 polyps each of #1 and #2 when you get back, LMK what I owe ya!!!

Raf

i started all of this with my micro i think. LOL.

chris just couldn't not have something that cool. hehehe.

mine's better!

oo i got the purple/teal acan from F&F last night! woo i'll get pics up later today.

Yeah I am in the Illinois/Indiana area right now. I am trying to find some cool stuff that I can't find in the Washington area. I will keep you all updated if i find more stuff.

Nice Chris, very nice. Are you sure the first one is an acan? It almost looks like micro's as well.

Whatever it is, it sure is sweet. I would love to get on the fraglist for those as well.

Sandy

Hey Chris, sounds like you're in my old neck of the woods. Here are some places to check out for the corals and fish:

1. Reef Dweller on the North Side of Chicago, on Lincoln Avenue: Menard is a fantastic guy and sells awesome frags for great prices. He does it the right way, grows stuff out himself and sells off the frags.

2. Old Towne Aquarium, Gold Coast of Chicago, on Wells Street: Sometimes good deals but a neat little store in the heart of old towne, go down the street and get some ribs and then get a cheeseburger at 4 in the morning at... shoot, can't remember the name of the bar, but it's around 1300 or 1400 N. Wells Street.

3. Scott's Petshop, Westchester, West Side: some good deals on fish and corals but make sure that you carefully choose your fish if you want to get some - super prices but definitely needs quarantining.

4. Skokie Aquarium, Skokie, North Side: may not be called that still but they've got some great stuff and some bargains once in awhile. First place I ever saw cross hatch triggers at about 8 years ago so you know they get some nifty stuff in.

5. Capture the Sea, Park Ridge, Northwest Side, about 5 minutes from O'Hare on Devon and Cumberland: super high prices, gets in some really cool stuff, though.

6. .... can't remember the name, but it's on Higgins Road, Northwest Side of Chicago, about 10 minutes from Capture the Sea: smaller store, but I've gotten great bargains there over the years - maxima and crocea clams for $20 was the best I ever got there.

Not sure of all the names anymore, but if you want, shoot me a PM with a phone number and I'll tell you which ones were worth going to (it's been three years, but I used to make the tour of all of them every month or two, and I mean all of them). There's also a place called Exotic Aquatics in Indiana by Crown Point, it had some of the most amazing fish before but I'm not sure if it's still there or not. If you do go by Reef Dweller, tell Menard I say hi. Don't know if he'll remember me after all these years, but like I said, great guy. He had the only sps dominated display tank I've ever seen that actually had branching acroporas that encrusted the front glass because they were growing so well. He also had Tyree Purple Monster he was growing out, not sure if it ever made it or not, but he also had a couple others as well.

Edited by davelin315

you know your addicted to this hobby when you take the time to visit all the LFS possible whenever you travel. I have to say going to a new LFS is one of my biggest joys in the hobby. you can learn so much, even from the bad ones...

Sandy- I am not sure what it is.

Davelin- thanks for the info!

BeltwayBandit/Chip- i think it is more enjoyment than anything! It's awesome to see new people and learn from them. I also find it interesting when I hear about their methods and experiences.

thanks everyone!