large tank pic

Guest tgallo

Guest tgallo

you have to see this setup, click on the link below and enjoy.

keep in mind his skimmer is ten feet tall.

Guest Kimo

Tony,

ooh

My wife would kill me if I brought that home

That is a AWESOME setup!  Where did you find that?  Imagine - an addition on your house for your TANK!

I am jealous.

J

Guest tgallo
its out of this world jamie, he had a crane lower the tank on his new addition.

Tony,

Where is this guy?

Any chance we can have him do a tank tour?

Howard

Guest tgallo

price breakdown for his system, including the addition to his home.

By the way, he does have a surge system.

Room addition , 29,000

Epoxy floor , 1400.00

Heating and ac unit , 1500.00

protein skimmer , 4500.00

pumps , 3000.00

stand and tank with grating and stairs, 9500.00

sumps , 500.00

ozone generator ,1100.00

MH setups , 3000.00

wood work around front of tank , 550.00

heatexchanger ,450.00

aquacontroller pro , 600.00

ro and Di system, 3000.00

surge system , 450.00

pipe and fittings ,2000.00

Guest tgallo
i hope this picture is big enough to see the surge container in the upper left of this pic.11.jpg

Guest tgallo
his lights are also controlled by hydrolic lift kits, they go up and down at a push of a button , what a life.

Guest Kimo

Heh, the cost would be CRAZY for salt alone!

I would hate to do a water change on that thing (although that's probably automated too).

J

The only thing that would bother me would be it kinda takes the fun out of building it all yourself, do they have someone just to maintain it? if he is married talk about your "REEF WIDOW" still way too cool though :D  ]]]bdwn

I am suprised he only did 6 lumenarcs? Have any idea on the dims of the tank? Pretty low price on the tank and stairs (any idea who the maker is?). Looks like lots of rockwork to contend with off the back wall. I wonder if this is in NC!!! Hassan and I are both going to be building big tanks down there (well techinically ours will be in SC, 4 minutes from South Charlotte/Ballantyne). Once it is up, we will let everyone know in WAMAS and CMAS for possible tours (also close to land purchase for warehouse, showroom, and greenhouses!!! finally!). Some of you saw our post on RC, but this is the preliminary quote/idea I plan to do for a "sitting room" in a house we are building.

10'x6'x3' (maybe 4', want to do both sps and deepwater species) on 9' wall height.

(Qty.10) 21" Lumenarc3s with 400 watters on horizontal suspension for maintenance run off garage door motor. Thinking about heat channels to pull the heat from the reflectors.

(Qty.5) Blueline HD100s each running through 4 and 8 port Oceansmotions (all black pvc) ~ may go with other brands, but so far impressed with durability and strength of these iwakilike pumps. Will be adding several extra pump returns in case we go with more pumps, or larger pumps. (I like redundancy which is why I don't mind smaller pumps).

750lbs. of select Tonga Red Branch, Kaelini, and Ewa rock (5-6 structures)

Climate controlled room with open air exhausts to outside/inside. May add chillers as needed.

At first...no skimmer (worked so far for a year here on a 420 gallon system).

Not trying to hijack the thread, but big tanks are cool :)