WAMAS Social @ Reef eScape(proposed Monday Feb. 19, 2024) Please VOTE in poll

WAMAS Social @ Reef eScape(proposed)   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Can you attend on Monday February 19th - Presidents holiday 4:00 - 7:00 pm

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you attend if a social was held on a Sunday (February 18 or later) TBD

• Yes
    • No
    • Prefer a Saturday
    • Prefer a Friday evening
  3. 3. If a touch tank was available - would you bring your family/kids with you?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. If raffle prizes were offered, would this be a reason you would more likely attend?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. If a new to hobby talk was provided during event (15-30 mins), would this be a reason you would want to attend? (explain equipment like protein skimmer, lighting, kalk, ...)

• Yes
    • No

We are looking at creating some activities for members and their families.  Trying to gage interest in attendance numbers for a social at the local store Reef eSscape.  Looking to get more in-person community events going for members to interact and meet other fellow aquarists to share and mutual interest in the hobby.

absolutely! my family would definitely be interested. Any dates proposed yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Gatortailale changed the title to WAMAS Social @ Reef eScape(proposed Monday Feb. 19, 2024) Please VOTE in poll
1 minute ago, Gatortailale said:

Is there a poll visible?

ah poll is visible in browser, but not tapatalk app

Great idea. Their new space is awesome. Miss these events from years ago.

I love this idea….my son and I go to reef escape all the time, we would definitely be in.

Darren

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Reef eScape said:

Hi everyone, still thinking about some kind of an event.  Any suggestions for conversation topics?  

Phil 

I've always thought your fish quarantine and experiences there were fascinating.  

I'm interested in the fish system and all the work you do with the fish vet doing diagnosis as well.

Some discussion on your quarantine process, and maybe some further insight on how you choose your suppliers and species you order?

It probably isn’t something that’s particularly fun to talk about, but level of mortality you see with different types of fish as they come through your quarantine and how that factors in to your approach and selection. I think it’s beneficial for us as hobbyists to understand more about the entire process and how we, the hobbyists, can support better practices, from your point of view, if there is anything more than buying from sources (like you) who quarantine for us or buying captive bred when possible.