WAMAS Dream

mogurnda

Hey All,

We have finished the move to New Mexico, but WAMAS lives on in my head.  I had a dream last night that I was working in the new house and waiting for someone to pick up some equipment, but could not find my phone.  Next thing I know, the person had come by and left frags on the doorstep, but did not get their equipment.  What was I going to do with frags WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE A TANK ANYMORE???!!  Then I woke up, and was relived that I would not be killing the corals after all.

Anyway, thanks for everything over the years.  Once I get settled, I will try to find new reef colleagues and get a tank or two set up.  It will be harder without you.

Cheers.

Don't worry, we can satisfy that itch by sending 1000 bags and some large coral colonies to you in October so you can still do fragfest and overnight it all back to us. 8)

Oh goodness, what a dream! Glad you're getting settled in safely.

Lots of previous members are still active here, and you're welcome to stay active here too. Hope you find a local group soon, too!

37 minutes ago, AlanM said:

Don't worry, we can satisfy that itch by sending 1000 bags and some large coral colonies to you in October so you can still do fragfest and overnight it all back to us. 8)

It would be cheaper for me to splash myself with ASW, coral debris and soft coral slime, then send a photo.  

2 minutes ago, ReefdUp said:

Oh goodness, what a dream! Glad you're getting settled in safely.

Lots of previous members are still active here, and you're welcome to stay active here too. Hope you find a local group soon, too!

Yep.  I will probably continue to lurk ; )

I've had some rather crazy hobby-related dreams. 

3 hours ago, treesprite said:

I've had some rather crazy hobby-related dreams. 

I think all of mine related to flooding of some description, though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 2:40 PM, ReefdUp said:

I think all of mine related to flooding of some description, though.

Those are nightmares! I had a dream that the fish were turning into monsters that were trying to get out of the tank. In another dream which I had a couple times, the fish were swimming through the air all around the room and I was trying to catch them to put them back in the tank (they seemed oblivious to the fact that they weren't in water). 

I'm glad you're settled in, Dave. You're old engineer goby is doing just fine. Best of luck in NM.

Sent from my Note 10+5g using Tapatalk

On 6/26/2023 at 8:59 PM, Origami said:

I'm glad you're settled in, Dave. You're old engineer goby is doing just fine. Best of luck in NM.

Sent from my Note 10+5g using Tapatalk

Glad to hear the engineer is happy.  I had that fish for a long time.

Just starting to think about setting up, and my hunt for hobbyists and shops in Santa Fe and Albuquerque hasn't turned up much.  It will take more time (and money) to get things going again.  

Spending a little time in Baja California this week.  Saw a huge pod of dolphins as we were heading to the field site.  Retirement isn't all bad.

dolphins P7010331 sm.jpg

On 7/2/2023 at 12:11 AM, mogurnda said:

Glad to hear the engineer is happy.  I had that fish for a long time.

Just starting to think about setting up, and my hunt for hobbyists and shops in Santa Fe and Albuquerque hasn't turned up much.  It will take more time (and money) to get things going again.  

Spending a little time in Baja California this week.  Saw a huge pod of dolphins as we were heading to the field site.  Retirement isn't all bad.

dolphins P7010331 sm.jpg

beautiful pic, enjoy retirement!

20 hours ago, lowsingle said:

beautiful pic, enjoy retirement!

Thanks!  You should see the other 50 that looked awful.  This little guy was sitting by the steps on the way to the van they morning we packed up.  Seemed happy to see us go.  Came close to fully retiring a little early.

rattlesnakeP7040537sm.thumb.jpg.b7781e5b72e1a93442d08c172856d73f.jpg

On 7/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, davelin315 said:

Didn't realize you had moved as I have been very out of touch lately but congratulations on retirement and enjoy your next chapter!

Great to hear from you, Dave.  A lot of the old timers pop in and out, time permitting.  Still trying to figure out what exactly I'll be doing.  Take care!