Clean up crew

What would you recommend for a starter clean up crew (60 gallon)?

Do I need to quarantine (I would need to build an new tank).?

Buy through local LFS (I have Ricks, House of Tropicals within driving distance) or from local friend/group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used reefcleaners.org 

They have some premade packs, but they'll put together something custom if you have a specific problem you need to address. I didn't end up QT'ing mine. I acclimated them according to the instructions they send and let em do their thing. 

I know in the past the recommendation is 1 crew member per gallon but you can always start smaller and add more as needed. 

If you just need a small amount, a LFS might be better depending on their prices and selection. Online is good but then you have to consider shipping unless you get a bulk amount. I normally get them from reeftopia just because they ship next day and DOA is very minimal. 

I normally don't QT cleanup crew until about a year ago when I got hit with velvet from a batch. Now everything gets into the QT tank for 76 days before going into my main system. 

Either of the places you mention would be good.  I'd check to see that they don't have fish in their invert system.  It could happen, but I don't QT them.  I've never gotten fish diseases from buying inverts, fingers crossed, but as Lynn demonstrates, it can happen.   

Online I usually order from Reefcleaners.org and their pre-made packages ship priority mail on Mondays for free.  Saltwateraquarium.com who is also a WAMAS sponsor has started selling cleanup too and they assert that it's a fishless system.  

Last I bought online was from Saltwateraquarium.com. Everything was well package, bags were marked, healthy and the inverts were much larger than the ones I've received from other on line vendors.

Last I bought online was from Saltwateraquarium.com. Everything was well package, bags were marked, healthy and the inverts were much larger than the ones I've received from other on line vendors.
Great feedback!

Sent from my Note 10+5g using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, AlanM said:

Saltwateraquarium.com who is also a WAMAS sponsor has started selling cleanup too and they assert that it's a fishless system.  

I didn't know this so thanks for the info. I always buy from ReefEscape, which has the only fishless invert system that I'm aware of (and also close to me) but nice to know there is an online option too.

59 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

I didn't know this so thanks for the info. I always buy from ReefEscape, which has the only fishless invert system that I'm aware of (and also close to me) but nice to know there is an online option too.

My current crew is from ReefEscape too.