Aquarium One

Charlie97L

i picked up medium sized colony of galaxia there yesterday! it's doing great!

i really like this store for the convenience, the wamas guys that work there, and their really great customer service. they are also willing to work with you on price.

they're still breaking in the saltwater systems, trying to get everything figured out. for the store only having been open for about 2 months, i think they're doing great... every new store has some bumps at the beginning, but they're really committed to making this a hobbyists store.

for instance, i and several others have suggested they frag up the larger colonies they had, and make that a common practice, for their coral selections, and they started doing that this week. it's great when your feedback can help direct where the store is going, help it cater more to the serious hobbyist.

great job guys! keep it up!

So what's the address?

they are in wintergreen plaza in rockville, off of 355. if you google wintergreen plaza rockville, it'll come up. they're too new to be in the phone book, i think.

I was in the place a week or so ago to check on Raf's mopping abilities.

He missed a few spots and somehow managed to spill water on the ceiling.

Nice helpful place and off to a good start for 3 weeks, I'll stop in again for sure.

Thanks for the review, I'm thinking about heading there this Monday since I get the day off...! (assuming it's open, of course) Is there a decent selection on corals and fish yet?

Thanks for the review, I'm thinking about heading there this Monday since I get the day off...! (assuming it's open, of course) Is there a decent selection on corals and fish yet?

They'll be open... in last night... they had an ok selection of coral... but it depends what you're comparing it to. I think they're supposed to get a shipment in today.

They'll be open... in last night... they had an ok selection of coral... but it depends what you're comparing it to. I think they're supposed to get a shipment in today.

You working there yet? :biggrin: :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped in on Tuesday night to check them out. I wouldn't even have known about them if it wasn't for the WAMAS forum.

They had a good but not overwhelming selection of fish. The coral selection is still a bit limited. I would call it a very good start for livestock. Equipment selection seemed to be standard, some good basic equipment, but nothing high end or out of the ordinary. I really liked their frozen food selection, a wide range of products from brands that I like.

Where they really stood out was in customer service. I was browsing, not really planning on buying. I was asked by two different employees if they could help me/show me anything. Done very well, no pressure, and very friendly. One of my pet peeves is going into a store like this and being ignored by the staff. I was thinking about testing their knowledge a little bit, but there proved to be no need. A third employee came out, it was Scott711, who I already knew. He introduced me to the other two guys, cbashaw and 123gadgets. Can't beat having three WAMAS members working the store, all of whom have strong reputations. It was a real pleasure meeting them and we had a nice chat.

I wound up buying some food. I couldn't find my WAMAS card, but since Scott knew me through WAMAS, they gave me the generous WAMAS discount.

I'll be going back when I'm ready to buy again. I look forward to seeing how it grows over time and am thrilled to find a store that has such a strong staff.

Thanks!!! It was nice meeting you as well. Hope to see u soon!

I stopped in on Tuesday night to check them out. I wouldn't even have known about them if it wasn't for the WAMAS forum.

They had a good but not overwhelming selection of fish. The coral selection is still a bit limited. I would call it a very good start for livestock. Equipment selection seemed to be standard, some good basic equipment, but nothing high end or out of the ordinary. I really liked their frozen food selection, a wide range of products from brands that I like.

Where they really stood out was in customer service. I was browsing, not really planning on buying. I was asked by two different employees if they could help me/show me anything. Done very well, no pressure, and very friendly. One of my pet peeves is going into a store like this and being ignored by the staff. I was thinking about testing their knowledge a little bit, but there proved to be no need. A third employee came out, it was Scott711, who I already knew. He introduced me to the other two guys, cbashaw and 123gadgets. Can't beat having three WAMAS members working the store, all of whom have strong reputations. It was a real pleasure meeting them and we had a nice chat.

I wound up buying some food. I couldn't find my WAMAS card, but since Scott knew me through WAMAS, they gave me the generous WAMAS discount.

I'll be going back when I'm ready to buy again. I look forward to seeing how it grows over time and am thrilled to find a store that has such a strong staff.

i finally made it to aquarium one and i was very pleased with my experience. thanx to cbashaw i got what i needed and will be going back