Pics under my new lighting

cbashaw

I upgraded from 440W VHO to 2 250W 10K halides and 2 110W VHO Actinics.

The colors of my fish and corals stand out much better under the new lighting.

Fulltank.gif

Zoos2.gif

Zoos1.gif

YellowPolyps.gif

GreenSinularia.gif

ClownFrogspawn.gif

... And a few Actinic shots

FullTankActinic.gif

zoosactinic.gif

Mushroomsactinic.gif

Hey! I was just about to say that!

Me three :-).

Love the color and the photos. Gives me something to strive for.

Good color!!-

I would be a bit concerned that your zoos are so high up in the tank- They usually do not like that brigt MH up close- I have the 10K MH and have all my zoathids on the sand and they seem to be doing great- That being said I have noted that of the 12 or so types of zoanthids I have some like more lighht and some like less- Some definitely need to be under teh shade of another coral from MH lights. While others show more growth out in the open sand bed with more light. Beside that upper real estate is prime sps territory now with you MHs :biggrin:

Rocko- Bob had a tank with MH and lots of T5 s and he could not even get mushrooms, or zoas to grow unless they were under a ledge or shade.

Keep us posted

Regards,

Lee

Good color!!-

I would be a bit concerned that your zoos are so high up in the tank- They usually do not like that brigt MH up close- I have the 10K MH and have all my zoathids on the sand and they seem to be doing great- That being said I have noted that of the 12 or so types of zoanthids I have some like more lighht and some like less- Some definitely need to be under teh shade of another coral from MH lights. While others show more growth out in the open sand bed with more light. Beside that upper real estate is prime sps territory now with you MHs :biggrin:

Rocko- Bob had a tank with MH and lots of T5 s and he could not even get mushrooms, or zoas to grow unless they were under a ledge or shade.

Keep us posted

Regards,

Lee

I was actually thinking of moving the zoos down to fill some of the empty spots in the tank and give them more room to spread. I'm planning to move some stuff down and I wand to put a big blue tort or a big table acro on top as my center piece.

I'll be moving stuff around on Sunday and I'll post pics when I'm done.

TThanks for the compliments everyone :wig: