What will be the best tank size for a beginner like me ?

Mango_Fish

Have u ever had a saltwater tank?  If no, I would stay in the range of about 20-40 gallons. 

Also we need to know what the budget is for the build?  Are you looking for an all in one, like an innovative marine tank or a full custom build. 

the $$ can get stupid in this hobby so if we know what your looking to achieve, we can nudge you in that direction 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the group and the hobby!
A good starting place is a foot print of around 24x24” or 24x48” depending on your space.  It’ll be easier to find lighting for those general coverage areas.

I started out with and still have a 28gal bio cube all in one tank. I feel it’s the best size where it’s large enough to have good size fish and coral but not overwhelming or complicated for maintaining and water changes. Difficult but definitely not impossible to keep SPS in smaller tanks like that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this is a late post and youve likely already purchased a tank, but I'm a big fan of the innovative marine 20 and 25. My 20 gallon all in one (aio) wasbthe easiest thing to maintain. Plus they don't cost an arm and a leg and are easy to look at.

If you're looking for something bigger, water box and innovative marine both make good tank kits (sumps included). Personally, I would recommend keeping your first tank under 50 gallons. That's usually the point where prices escalate quickly and tanks require additional equipment. It'll allow you to sort out your level of commitment to the biz.

That said, I still highly suggest the innovative marine Nuvo 20.

• 3 weeks later...