Outlaw 210g thread

steveoutlaw

Ok, I thought I'd start this off right. I started making extra water and built the stand for the 210g today. Here are a few pics:

Base:

210gStand002.jpg

Top:

210gStand001.jpg

Legs:

210gStand003.jpg

Legs on base:

210gStand004.jpg

Front:

210gStand005.jpg

Back:

210gStand007.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex wlazlak

dang! that things not going anywhere just yet :) . what are you planing on doing for the skin of it? what are the demensions of it?

Alex-

The dimensions are 72-1/2L x 27D. I'm putting it in the corner of my basement and I'm going to either drywall the outside of the stand like an in-wall tank or put an oak shell on it and stain it. Not quite sure yet. Most importantly.......it's getting the tank in place and up and running.

Jason-

Thanks. I'm hoping to have plenty of room for everything under there.

Glass tank correct?

Also...I noticed you're looking for help moving your tank this Friday. My "work" PC just died this afternoon...DELL can't come out until Wednesday to fix it...apparently the motherboard fried.

Anyway, this PC has my calendar on it...and without my calendar...I have NO IDEA what I'm doing every day. I'd like to help you with the move...so, once I get my PC up and running, I'll let you know if I have time on Friday to help you out.

-Carl

Right now I have:

Blue Hippo Tang

Yellow Tang

Powder Blue Tang

Pair of Oscellaris

6 line wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp

1 fire shrimp

1 coral banded

I'm hoping to add either a Sohol or Naso in the future as well as a school of 5 orange anthias.

Carl - I had a little change of plans. It looks like if I can't get any help on Friday Morning (I'm picking up the tank on Thursday evening) it's going to move to Saturday morning. I'm still wanting to take care of this on Friday so your help would be greatly appreciated.

I want to put a big thank you out there to Carl, Craig and Bryan for helping me get the 210g in place. Carl took some pics of the event so we'll have to wait for him to post them.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I built my stand the same way for my 75g and i was scared it wasnt going to hold. You sure 220g isnt too much?

I built my stand the same way for my 75g and i was scared it wasnt going to hold. You sure 220g isnt too much?

I think the stand will be ok...as long as Steve adds cross-bracing, or sheathing around the outside of the tank...outside of the stand...pictures coming in about 10 minutes.

-Carl

One night a box feel in my basement and i swear is was my tank. I ran down to find a box on the ground but i have been paranoid since. Steve one thing i noticed and this will only apply on the sides if you drywall. You might want to add a center brace for the sake of having a place to screw the drywall into. I did my stand the same way and it was kind of a pain to attach the drywall on the sides ( You can only screw the top and the bottom)

Talk about deer in headlights!

moving the old/new tank out of the way

DSC_1056.jpg

moving the new stand into the basement

DSC_1059.jpg

DSC_1060.jpg

After removing the carpeting...level on the first try...no shims needed

DSC_1061.jpg

No one to take pictures carrying this one from car to basement...took all of us to move this beast into place

DSC_1063.jpg

5 inches of water in the new tank...and I had to leave and get back to my day job...

DSC_1067.jpg

:wig: ouch my aching back.......what a big ol tank it is!

cant wait to see the finished pics!

Bryan

Who's the good looking guy in the yellow shirt? :lol2:

:smokin: that was carl............ :lol2:

OK folks, here are some shots of what I've done so far. The water is still a little cloudy from my first attempt at Rockscaping. I'm going to hook the sump up tomorrow. Right now I have a AquaC Remora running on it until I get everything done.

Full tank shot:

210gFull.jpg

Left side:

210gLeft.jpg

Right side:

210gRight.jpg

Ok, here are some new pics of the tank. I'll be building the canopy this weekend so I'll post more when I get it somewhat closed in. In the meantime:

Full tank:

210g9-15-06005.jpg

Left side:

210g9-15-06003.jpg

Right side:

210g9-15-06004.jpg

Feeding time:

210g9-15-06001.jpg

210g9-15-06002.jpg

Very nice. I love the slim look of the lights. I am working on re-aquascaping my 210. Maybe I will use a bit less rock as you did. I am thinking I have to much rock in mine.

Moga - I got the 350 snail package off of e-bay......and they all arrived alive. I definately like a lot of snails.

As far as the rock scaping, I really like the open spaces so the fish have lots of room to swim. I've done a little more since those pics so I'll post some later.

Steve

Looks like a bit of DEJAVUE when we moved your last tank in place!

Tell the wife this one is staying longer! :)

Nice job and setup is looking great!