FRAG SWAP AT MEETING

michaelg

Just snipp off what you like with a pair of scissors.  If you haven't done so, pick up a pair of kitchen sheers next time you are at the market.  Most useful for fragging softies.  Keep them dedicated for such tasks, and always rinse and dry well after use to keep from rusting up.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LoveReef

LoveReef,

What has worked best for me in the past is a pair of wire clippers.  Cut as low as you can on the stalk, you will find the dead coral crushes very easy.  When I frag candycanes (yours is nice and I think closer to 80 polyps than 40) I usually try to get at 3 or 4 to a frag.  This way you have several to give / trade but the reefer on the other end still gets something good nuff to look at.

grav..

yeah you were right..it's about 70 some heads..as i counted..

well i can make at least 15 to 20 frags

cool..

I have a 8-10" Rose BTA with a pair of percula clowns hosting in it.  Anyone want to make me an offer for these?  Trade or cash will work.  The BTA is just too big for my tank (46 bow).  I have had it for about 6 months and it looks great.  I would prefer to have the clowns go with thier home if possible.  Please PM me if you are interested and let me know if you have anything to trade.  I am not looking for SPS corals.

Matt

Guest reverai

Thanks Lee, I do plan to be at  the meeting this weekend. I know the Nano Cube has low light when it comes to what I can place inside and keep healthy. My tank has more or less cycled as the all parms are 0 after going though the standard cycle. My PH still varies a bit (from 8.3 to 7.7) but I'm told that is normal for a end of cycle. Right now I have some nice live rock and sand but the sand wasn't alive so nothing but the bio stuff is there.  No animal life of any kind as yet though I did buy a plant that is doing well! The rocks are coloring nicely too.

Steve

Guest Amber Nussbaum

Thanks mogurnda.. sounds great. Goblinshark, I'm interested in your soft coral stuff.. I can either trade you some zo's, or give $. We'll talk at the meeting i'm sure..

:)

Guest reverai

Hey, I do have some extra live rock that has beeing sitting in my 6 gallon tank since my live rock came. I found that 20 pounds of live rock really won't fit in a 12 gallon tank without the tank looking stuffed! So about 8 pounds of good looking rock has been sitting there for about 6 weeks.The pieces are smallish with some flat pieces that are several inches. I was thinking  "free table" might help someone who is starting a tank..well a small tank that might need some help. The is rock is live in terms that the rock rock has recovered the color it had when it arrived. No hitchhikers or plant life.

Steve

Hi Everyone

I don't have much but will try to get what ever for the free table.

Mogurnda - will like some anthelia

Lee - I got sand in exchange for some rotifier

LoveReef - will love a piece of that cane

Kimo - I ill bring you some sand

Anyone willing to donate LMK, I can use some in my new tank.

Jacob

Guest Wombat

Michael G - if you have any extra frogspawn I'd be most grateful. Doubt I have anything to trade that you don't already have though.

Thanks,

Simon 8-]]

Reverai,

I am starting a 12 gallon nano and would be interested in the rocks.  Do you have pics by any chance?  If so, shoot me an e-mail please.

Guest cjm033

traveller that would be awsome. thanks. do you want anything in return? i could get you some zoos or candy cane if you want.

-Chris

traveller that would be awsome. thanks. do you want anything in return? i could get you some zoos or candy cane if you want.

-Chris

Chris,

If you have a candy cane frag to share, that would be great.  If not, consider it a gift.

Scott

PS:  Please try to find me early, I have to bail at 11am to head off to my son's birthday party :D

this is what I'm bringing.

3 new members, (Tom, Barbara & Mike)

1 pound Live Rock = $6

Perculas = $19

Candy Cane = $38

New Members = priceless

this is OUR club, make it happen !

Jacob

:( nobody wants my BTA

grav = sad

Ok grav, I'll take it, and even pay you for it if it is a green one :)

Can't believe roses are below $10 on some wholesale sheets these days.  I need to get some green ones :)

Scott

Guest cjm033

traveller thanks for the hammer its lookin good i just acclimated it. sorry icoudlnt find you early, but next meet i will make sure i get you a nice candy cane frag.

-Chris

Guest Kimo

Thanks for the corals Michael and Rik.  Sorry to those who were looking for me but had to leave early, I was tied up at home and couldn't get out there until 1:30.

The frogspawn and the monti cap are doing great!  I'm REALLY happy with the frogspawn, and I think it's lovin the current in my tank.

Pics later ;-)

Jamie

traveller thanks for the hammer its lookin good i just acclimated it. sorry icoudlnt find you early, but next meet i will make sure i get you a nice candy cane frag.

-Chris

Chris,  I am glad you and the frag hooked up :)  May it be a source of your future trades.  Thanks for the offer and I hope to be able to spend more time at the show next time around.

Cheers,  Scott