Hello!

I just joined WAMAS! I just wanted to say hello to everyone .

I’ve been in the hobby since 1998, with my fancy aragonite, UG filter & lava rock.

Now I’m in my mid 30’s wondering where i can put a large build without my husband losing his mind. I have a nano tank at the moment, since we just relocated to MD two years ago. I didn’t want to dive into a huge build until we firmly put down roots, but it’s getting to be that time!

Again, hello everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure! Right now I have a 32 gallon LED biocube that has a pair of clowns and a few mushrooms.

As soon as we get our floors done in our house, I plan on starting a 250ish gallon tank, depending on dimensions. I have a great spot for a 7 or 8 foot tank, and I won’t do an 18” wide tank (I love the 24 inch width) so that should put me around 240-265 gallons. I prefer a sump room that I can get messy, so I will be plumbing to the basement once again to be able to keep a mixing station, a big Rubbermaid sump, and honestly to allow for my general nonsense and tinkering .

I appreciate the help! In Pennsylvania, I had many friends in the hobby. We helped each other out often. Since moving to Maryland I feel a bit isolated lol.

Welcome!  WAMAS is a pretty active community with members from Frederick to Fredericksburg.  You'll get lots of help both online and in person.  I think there's a meeting coming up in a few weeks too.

Where in MD are you? I just moved from the VA side to Hyattsville. Welcome, WAMAS is a great, and active club.

Where in MD are you? I just moved from the VA side to Hyattsville. Welcome, WAMAS is a great, and active club.

I’m in Frederick . And thank you! I look forward to joining in!